Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!

Article about: Hi everyone im curious about this helmet because I have seen it before somewhere but not sure where.....so i wrote to the seller and he states that the helmet has been in his possession for

Default Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!

Hi everyone im curious about this helmet because I have seen it before somewhere but not sure where.....so i wrote to the seller and he states that the helmet has been in his possession for a long time and has replaced 2 of the pins that were missing when it was aquired,he said that pics had been posted on a forum but never stated which one so maybe here but I dont seem to be able to find any threads relating to this,anyway if its been discussed before then please close thread by all means and could a link be provided to the original thread,also for the starting price barring in mind I hardly know anything regarding ww2 TR helmets the price is very cheap which for me makes it suspicious at best anyway please take a look and tell me what your thoughts are many thanks in advance........Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!   Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!  

Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!   Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sand camo m40 helmet on ebay!!!!!!

hi jake ,does the crown show chicken wire used at some point in its life ,thanks james

Hi james I honestly have no idea mate.......was really curious as I know what one of these really sell for,but looks great to me nevertheless,I wouldn't mind it but others may strongly disagree..........Jake.

I think I've seen this lid on German ebay some months ago listed as "Normandy Camo", but obvously Im not 100% sure if its the same and I cant remember for what price it was sold.

?

I am no camo expert but it just doesn't show the wear that one should to me.

Hi,i bet it's advertised as "zimmerit" cammo? I have seen quite a few of these pop up over the last couple of years and they nearly all look the same.For me it is a modern attempt at an original zimmerit cammo that has had a wire basket "effect" added to it.Original zimmerit(or sand) cammo would usually wear down quite quickly once in use due to it's poor adhesive quality.This one looks as crisp as the day it was applied,which in my opinion was probably a year or so ago.Also is this possibly one of those tan helmets produced for the Egyptians? Leon.

Modern pimped up paint job with replaced and possibly repro liner, save your money.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well thats what I thought,I really hate it when sellers say "its been in my collection for a long time"when he knows exactly what he haswell I know if this was original on a site like ww2germanhelmets then around the three thousand mark..............Jake.

I don't like it. I think it's one of the Egypt contract lids that has been repainted actually.

?

I've never seen a true 'zimmerit' camo helmet and I'm not sure one has ever existed, mainly because of the weight that would be added, zimmerit was a thick paste and very difficult to thin down to a consistency in order to apply to helmets,it was normally applied to armoured vehicles at factory level or repair shops in the field ,I think the one being shown is a concoction of heavy grit sand added to paint and not so long ago

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast