Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.

Article about: One that I posted a few years ago but decided to re-shoot this morning due to favourable lighting and having the spare time to do so. When purchased from a Netherlands dealer back in 2019, h

Default SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.

One that I posted a few years ago but decided to re-shoot this morning due to favourable lighting and having the spare time to do so. When purchased from a Netherlands dealer back in 2019, he stated that it came from the Hague area in the Netherlands where it was discovered while knocking down a building. Manufactured by Emaillerwerke AG, Fulda, the helmet started as an SD with the decal being removed seemingly period or many years ago judging by the commensurate wear and patina of the paint and steal where the decal was removed. The chinstrap is marked Otto Breitschuhe, Eisleben.

The liner had mould on it when I received it (see photo below) which I very carefully treated by removing with some warmish water, a tiny bit of vinegar and a cotton bud. During the three years of rain and the subsequent humidity we had here, the mould returned but was treated again and has not returned especially since the installation of a dehumidifier in the collection, and certainly a good reminder to always do a visual check of your collection items from time to time.

Andy
    SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.

The liner before mould removal.
    SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD EF66 M42 re-shoot.
    P
    Many

I love the little blemishes etc that you see on M42s....they were just interested in churning out thousands of what was 'just a helmet'.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I love the little blemishes etc that you see on M42s....they were just interested in churning out thousands of what was 'just a helmet'.
    Yeah, I’ve always wondered about those little scratch marks in the rear visor. They almost look like they were made while the paint was still wet? Or was some wire or something else shoved down there, as the liner band has two small dents in it as well.

Nice M42!

MAP
    ?

Great photos! Shows how important good photos are to showcase a helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice honest helmet. Thank you for sharing.
    John