Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...

Article about: Hello, looking for opinions and help on this Helmet. Appears to be a either a white or tan colored paint, then washed/removed. Discoloration makes it hard to asses what color it actually onc

Default SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...

Hello, looking for opinions and help on this Helmet. Appears to be a either a white or tan colored paint, then washed/removed. Discoloration makes it hard to asses what color it actually once was. Appears to be a white... thoughts? Is it too polished and clean? Has someone removed patina or attempted to clean it up? Also noticed a second decal, how ever looks like it isn't period added, I thought it was a post war add, and then again removed. I have seen washed colored Tan paint age to this discoloration as well. Just looking for any other thoughts opinions and concerns on this helmet. Thank you.

SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Luftwaffe Camo ID...
    P
    Many

A second decal would not make sense. The chinstrap is also too new for this helmet.
    For the rest the photos are really too poor to judge the paint.

My concerns as well. Photos are just what’s supplied online. Just looks played with IMO

Yeah, a played piece in my Opinion too, there are definitly traces of a National shield, and these should not be there. This questions the authencity of the whole helmet, especially regarding its a cameo.

Thanks for the help, appreciate the comments.