Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Second Opinion on this KM

Article about: Hello all, I'm looking into purchasing my first KM helmet. I came across this one and to my eye it looks to be legit. But I'd just like a second opinion by someone who has more experience wi

Default Second Opinion on this KM

Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing my first KM helmet. I came across this one and to my eye it looks to be legit. Stamping says Q64, the second stamping looks to have faded a bit. But I'd just like a second opinion by someone who has more experience with KM helmets. Thanks for the additional information.

All the best!

Second Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KMSecond Opinion on this KM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second Opinion on this KM
    P
    Many

Hi Friend that looks to be a Bigfoot Heer decal not a KM .... Im looking on my phone haha. But let me look on computer in a few.
    Usually we put the Lot Number and Maker listed as well for us to reference easier
    Standby but methinks No Good

EDIT - You did say that my mistake!!! Defintely a Bigfoot Quist Heer decal then my friend

I will tell you right now that there are slimmmm pickens for KMs out there as I am always on the hunt. They are out there but takes patience and know how. You were smart posting here first brother. Nice examples will cost you alot of money. I lucked out with mine but story for another day. This "Heer" helmet though decal wise seems legit. Just not a KM by any means. Laquer can tone these silver Hue decals to a Golden shade confusing collectors for decades. You hear the term "Toned Heer" very often when someone says "Look at my new KM Helmet!!!"

So is the ridge that I'm seeing (or at least thinking I am) around the eagle appear also on Heer decals?

I'm not seeing any raised edge on that wing personally. Also sometimes the ridge is absolutely undetectable so the best way to start to recognize them is 1) Look for a deep Golden Color throughout and 2) Is to learn about the styles and which ones appear on which shells. Frank a member here has a great site that breaks it down nicely ( germanhelmetvault.com ). Then there are more complex nerd KM decal convos to have after that happens

A Quist Bigfoot Kriegsmarine doesnt exist

Quote by GERManAaronNYC View Post
    So is the ridge that I'm seeing (or at least thinking I am) around the eagle appear also on Heer decals?
    Just to confuse matters there are very early ET style Heer decals that do have ridges (multi-layer construction). But they are very rare and they are not Quist Bigfoots. Heres a Heer w Multi Layer construction like a KM (look at the Swaz) on one of mine

Oh man. It seems like every time I find a helmet and then go through all the research I have, there is an exception that I haven't read yet.

I heer that my brother (wow a Dad Third Reich decal joke and I dont have kids). The German Helmet Vault site breaks it down pretty good ... Just keep posting. Its been a bit of a slow down for helms lately due to Covid but one will come along .... If I dont get there first (evil laughter). One gorgrous one was listed today for close to 7K. Too rich for my blood right now Same site I PMd you last time you were looking for a KM if you go back.

What looks "ridge-like" could be a well defined lacquer outline?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

This is most certainly a toned Heer. I do think we have seen this helmet posted here before.

Q KM's (as far as I am aware) are not the Big Foot variant. They used a similar design as the ET/SE KM helmets according to Ken's Decal book.

Here is a very good example of a two layer Heer ET decal, supposedly only produced for a short window in '39 (and even then, it could just as easily be a KM that was misprinted without enough gold pulver?? But the consensus is that they are deemed to be Heer decals. But we will never know??? LoL).

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast