Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet

Article about: I picked this one up at a military surplus store about 30 years ago, for the exorbitant price of \\$25.00. The Police Adler is well preserved but the Party shield seems to have been scrubbed -

Default Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet

I picked this one up at a military surplus store about 30 years ago, for the exorbitant price of $25.00.
    The Police Adler is well preserved but the Party shield seems to have been scrubbed - maybe it was uncovered. The liner is one of those cheap cloth liners, and there are some tabs for a neck flap, but the chin strap is long gone. It has a very shallow dip - yet another slight variation in shell type. I don’t recognize the maker and welcome any information about it. Not a top shelf piece by any means, but the shell shape makes it interesting to me. Here it is, hope you like it. Jim G.

The pictures uploaded way out of order - sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet   Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet  

Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet   Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet  

Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet   Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet  

Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shallow Dip M34 Double Decal Fire Police Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Jim..the photos are great and still shows the detail that you wanted.

Interesting feature as i dont collect these helmet types ...but have noticed that it appears the brim has more of a duckbill appearance..or is it something that has always been there and i have not noticed it before in other related photos from other member examples.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A very nice and interesting example Jim.

Interesting variation Jim! The liner reminds a little of the paper cloth type ersatz material used for holding various pieces of equipment during WW1.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Interesting variation Jim! The liner reminds a little of the paper cloth type ersatz material used for holding various pieces of equipment during WW1.
    .... almost Hessian in weave coarseness....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "