MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?

Article about: Hi guys, I just wanted to get your thoughts on this helmet's paint job. Does it look like camo to anyone else or am I just crazy?

Default Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get your thoughts on this helmet's paint job. Does it look like camo to anyone else or am I just crazy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?   Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?  

Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?   Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?  

Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal Kriegsmarine M35... Camo?
    P
    Many

It does to me. At first I thought it was patina, but it lacks said patina underneath. You can see the two tones of paint in the decal picture. Maybe a coastal battery helmet?

That's a nice chinstrap

Well Mo, for me the photo of the top view sorta explains it. I see a white swaztika with green over the top in places so I think it could be a vet art bring back that has been painted maybe even after capture and this is the patina 70 years later? .... an odd one..

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Well Mo, for me the photo of the top view sorta explains it. I see a white swaztika with green over the top in places so I think it could be a vet art bring back that has been painted maybe even after capture and this is the patina 70 years later? .... an odd one..

Dan
    Wow, good eye Dan! I thought that was light reflection, I see it now.

Phew - glad someone else sees it too.
    Like when you stare at something for a long time amd then look away you can still see it?
    I thought at first I have been looking at TR stuff for too long!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Good eyes Dan.

I however was questioning the pitting on the helmet. Plus the condition of the chin strap is much different than the liner.

Was waiting to get in front of a PC with a decent monitor before commenting (for whatever my poor skills are worth.)

I think I can see paint over the pitting. The only picture with enough resolution to see this with is the one with the ET stampings.

Correctly me if you disagree....

Michael

P.S. As a side note, Ken B of German War Helmets has a lid for sale that has a Swaz painted on the top. The Swaz on this lid is backwards however.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't see any camo myself.
    I do see a fake chinstrap.

Hi, looks like a decent KM that would benefit from that swas not being there, but I cannot see a cammo myself. The chinstrap is a duffer though as mentioned. Leon.