Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64

Article about: Hey guys, I just wanted to show this beautiful helmet that I am going to buy. I just made the down payment for it. It's an NS64 single decal Luftwaffe M42. This one will fill a lot of big ga

Default Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64

Hey guys,

I just wanted to show this beautiful helmet that I am going to buy. I just made the down payment for it. It's an NS64 single decal Luftwaffe M42. This one will fill a lot of big gaps that I have in my collection. It will be my first M42 with original paint, my first NS helmet, and most importantly, it will be my first Luftwaffe helmet.

This one is just the way I like them. It's a combat vet, salty as hell, but with a beautiful, complete decal. I've got a KM M40 just like this one. The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact that it looks like the liner has been messed with, but it appears to be the original to the helmet.

Let me know what you think, gentlemen! I value your opinions greatly.

Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64   Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64  

Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64   Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64  

Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64
    P
    Many

Default Re: Single Decal Luftwaffe M42, NS64

Nice 42 Luft,Mo! Great decal! Is that blood staining inside or...? Looks like someone might have took the string out and scrubbed the blood off inside the shell,maybe? It might have had "more than blood" inside,so the guy picking it up cleaned it up? This might explain where the chinstrap went too! In any case,it's definitely Been There and oh,what stories it could tell,hey? William

?

I think your right Mo, the liners been taken out at sometime, god knows when, period replaced leather ? either way its been put back incorrectly but no big deal, nice helmet, good decal ,been there look, im not sure that at sometime there might have been some kind of camo on it?, i know im a heathen but i would be sorely tempted to reposition the leather on the band, but thats just me, i like to see the seam at the back, where it should be

I like it,just how I like my helmets.

Chris

According to the seller, the brown ring around it is the remnant of an old camo job. I think the damage on the liner is just from moisture, perhaps from sitting upside down for a long time.

Dave, I am also tempted to correct the leather. I will have to see the condition of the pins, though, Those little things tend to be very fragile if they aren't mint.

?

Mo , thinking about it, you would only need to remove the whole liner then turn the outer band to release it from the inner band, position the seam as near to the rear as the spring bands will let you and reattach the outer band complete with leather, no need to remove the leather at all, the only problem is trying to get those damn springs back in but a little patience always helps The added benefit from this is you should be able to see the liner band maker and date marks
    Last edited by davejb; 05-29-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: information

The last time I tried what you just explained, Dave, I sliced my hand up pretty good on those damn tabs on the inner band. I see what you are saying though, and that would probably be much easier.

?

LOL, yeah, been there, got the t-shirt and the dvd, what i do ,especially if those bands are too sharp, is rub them down a bit with some fine wet and dry, i find it makes them easier to refit as theres no edges to catch on

?

Pretty cool salty old veteran!

What Doug said. NIce one..............!

I too would be tempted to put the seam to the rear.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast