Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?

Article about: Hello, friends! Just got this helmet from the swamp in Kurland, it was among other German helmets, there is no question about originality, the only question is what are these markigs? One ap

Default Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?

Hello, friends!

Just got this helmet from the swamp in Kurland, it was among other German helmets, there is no question about originality, the only question is what are these markigs? One appears to be single rune, but facing wrong dirrection on right side, two squares on left side, under them appears to be Wehrmacht decal and a blue dot on the front. I have seen hundreds of helmets, but this is a big puzzle for me.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

P.S. If it should be posted in relic helmets section, plese sorry, just thought that question about markings will be better here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?   Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?  

Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?   Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?  

Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?   Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single rune and tactical mark on a M35 helmet?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The shell also appears to have had a black coat of paint on it (or black now but who knows what color it was originally).

I've never seen markings like this either.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Interesting one. The black paint appears to be on top of the blue, to cover it. Presumably to make the blue marks invisible. Certainly old paint but can't help with the meaning of the marks.

Sadly it is a complete mystery to me as well, sorry, i cannot help. Leon.

I got one sorta like it with red markings