MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smal M18 DD WH ET 60

Article about: Hello guys ... I want to briefly introduce my new addition ..... it is an M18 steel helmet that is still used by the Wehrmacht .... Manufacturer Eisenhüttenwerke Thale ... ET .... in the sm

?

Default Smal M18 DD WH ET 60

Hello guys ... I want to briefly introduce my new addition ..... it is an M18 steel helmet that is still used by the Wehrmacht .... Manufacturer Eisenhüttenwerke Thale ... ET .... in the smallest helmet size ... ..60 .... chin strap with carabiner hook stamped in 1934 .... the little friends are not easy to find .... I hope you like it

Regards Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smal M18  DD   WH    ET 60   Smal M18  DD   WH    ET 60  

Smal M18  DD   WH    ET 60   Smal M18  DD   WH    ET 60  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Smal M18  DD   WH    ET 60
    P
    Many

Already made my acquaintances with this one over on GHW but nice to see it again. For me the perfect configuration, amount of wear and another little guy. Lovely Schiefergrau paint. Interesting that is has the more raised liner pin heads on the front similar to those found on the Bell L.

A fantastic helmet Dirk. Congratulations!
    Andy

Nice One mate! Good color. Nice worn condition and Love the embossed liner.
    Z

Good thing it’s not a Bell L. (There’s a saying about those. Andy knows it )

MAP
    ?

Missed this over at GHW. So very happy to have it over here as well.

Wonderful example

I especially like the very early stamped oval in the liner. Excellent graphics that often is hard to see/photograph. It is interesting to see that it is marked with the helmet size ("60") as later examples switched to display the liner size

It would be nice to see the date on the liner band as well. But certainly don't go digging for it. LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi .... the liner band is tight on the helmet .... I don't want to bend it ....

Quote by RZM 68 View Post
    Dont mess with it Dirk. That MAP guy like to bully people into ruining their helmets. He gets his "jollies" doing it. Sick really. Jokes aside ... I know barely any of my liner makers. Only a couple that are clearly visible without fiddling. They are all factory originals with the flat pins and matching paint outside so Im cool wit it

Very sensible too.

Great looking lid.

I love these early trannies! Well done. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Was certainly not expecting you to touch it and would not want you to even try...as I noted

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Dont mess with it Dirk. That MAP guy like to bully people into ruining their helmets. He gets his "jollies" doing it. Sick really. Jokes aside ... I know barely any of my liner makers. Only a couple that are clearly visible without fiddling. They are all factory originals with the flat pins and matching paint outside so Im cool wit it
    Yup. That's my reputation. A Bully!! ROFL

Well the liner band is most certainly a Schuberth Weeks.

My curiosity is more related to the date ( or lack there of) that may be in the band. 99% chance it is dated 1931, but as we saw with my M35, it too had this style impressed stamp (with the helmet size instead of the liner size )in the leather. But the aluminum band has no date (assumed to be made pre awarding of the patent). So, again. Just curious if there was a pattern as so few if these are ever seen

Off to Bully someone else now....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast