Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.

Article about: I worked months of overtime, in anticipation of the Gettysburg Show Oct. 28-29th, and so I could get something top shelf. After selling some stuff at the show, and using my militaria savings

Default Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.

I worked months of overtime, in anticipation of the Gettysburg Show Oct. 28-29th, and so I could get something top shelf. After selling some stuff at the show, and using my militaria savings, I was able to get a couple things I've always wanted to add to my collection. This is one of them.

I sweated for a while, trying to decide if this was a good helmet or not. Paranoia I guess. Everything seemed correct for the maker, and it looked really cool, so after hours of pacing, asking for second, third and fourth opinions, I finally pulled the trigger.

Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.

The decals are what had me super paranoid, but they look okay, and they are correct for a Quist with a lower lot number. The liner is a single aluminum band, holding nice and supple leather that has been neatly named.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.
    P
    Many

Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.Snake Leg Luft M35 DD Q62! Fl. Sch. F. 88.

Something really cool about this, it that the chinstrap has been stamped Fl. Sch. F. 88.

Not too sure what that means, so if anyone can help with that, I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and please don't crucify me about the chinstrap over the brim, it's only for the photoshoot.

MAP
    ?

Fantastic looking early Snake leg helmet! Congrats! Well done!

FL Sch probably stands for Fliegerschule (flight/Pilot School). F88 is probably a unit designation. Someone here should be able to pin point it.

Can you make out the writing on the liner? The 2nd word seems to end with "doff" and the last word maybe ends with "Burg"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sweet helmet! Top shelf item
    Regards, Al

Excellent!

A beautiful helmet Rusty! Congratulations.

Very nice stahlhelm with history Rusty. The chinstrap has me stumped for now as there was no Schüle numbered 88. Maybe we can get a lead from the owners name if we can decipher it.

Great helmet Rusty.

Now, I have had a search and F.88 seems to relate to the Condor Legion (Legion Condor) and F stands for Flak. So I am wondering if Fliegerschule F.88 was their flak training unit.

Legion Condor Flak plaque -
    Legion Condor Flak plaque - Spain - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

I am really not 100% on this, but I hope it helps in some way.

Kind regards,

Will.

That’s a superb looking early Luft helmet.
    Congrats.
    As regards to the flight school stamping, sometimes there is a stamp on the inside dome.

Fantastic Helmet - i think it could also be F 38 instead of F88?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast