Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snow/Bunker camo M40

Article about: Hi I would be interested in any feedback on this snow/bunker camo M40 with net I have had for a while. The decal appears to have deteriorated over time, but looks 'right' any feedback on aut

?

Smile Snow/Bunker camo M40

Hi

I would be interested in any feedback on this snow/bunker camo M40 with net I have had for a while. The decal appears to have deteriorated over time, but looks 'right' any feedback on authenticity of camo and net appreciated, or general comments on the helmet (chin strap is a repro as it came without one).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Snow/Bunker camo M40   Snow/Bunker camo M40  

Snow/Bunker camo M40   Snow/Bunker camo M40  

Snow/Bunker camo M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snow/Bunker camo M40
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

You have it in hand which is an advantage but from the photos provided, I would have serious doubts as to the originality of the camo paint. It looks totally artificially aged and worn to me. Just my opinion of course.

Cheers,
    Terry

I'm sorry but for me that is a post war made up camo.
    what is the maker code and lot number ?

?

Thanks for the feedback, the lot number appears to be 'T6J3' the maker code 'Q64'

MAP
    ?

A later Q but still within the decal range (btw...the "j" should be a number so I think you misread it).

Agree with Terry, from the photos it definitely has what appears to be an artificial patina. Can you take outdoor photos out of direct sunlight?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, sorry, but I have to agree with the above comments, the cammo wear looks un-natural, especially around the vent holes/liner pins.The pin heads themselves have a great deal of paint right up to the edges, yet the surrounding paint to the steel is worn evenly back??? Seems to me that the pin hole area's were scrubbed back before the liner was re-installed. Also the decal appears to have been masked off, rather than "dug out" yet shows a much higher level of wear than the paint work, that suggests to me that the decal is probably a fake that has had it's details removed to deceive. Leon.

Interesting...sorry for the short walk down Tangent Boulevard but, Leon, what do you mean "dug out"?....I always assumed they'd crudely mask the transfer but TR lids ain't my bag...what does that mean please?

Hopefully you didn't pay a large premium for it because camo helmets are a mine field. Without provenance, very risky. In this case it could have been painted 20 years ago and rubbed with a rag dipped in used sump oil.

?

I have collected a number of genuine White camos over the years and this one wouldn't be for me i'm afraid for the reasons listed above
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

MAP
    ?

Dug out means painted over and then....dug out. Years later by collectors to expose the decal. Dug out decals are typically in very poor shape as they are reveled using either a sharp object or some type of paint removed (or both).

While no one likes dug out decals, they do give it some hint as to authenticity (that said, a forgers could do this as well with fake decals so buyer beware).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast