Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Snow camo helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of the paintwork on this helmet. I purchased it cheaply as a shell about 15 years ago, I have added an original liner and pins. Whats di

Default Snow camo helmet

Hi everyone, I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of the paintwork on this helmet. I purchased it cheaply as a shell about 15 years ago, I have added an original liner and pins.

Whats distinctive about the paintwork is that it has a brick red undercoat (only present on the exterior) and is painted white on both the interior and exterior. It appears to be marked ET64. Clearly somebody has tried digging out decals on both sides of the helmet, but it is of course a single decal M40.

Any help appreciated. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Snow camo helmet   Snow camo helmet  

Snow camo helmet   Snow camo helmet  

Snow camo helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snow camo helmet
    P
    Many

Very old and weathered and looks the part but I think post war with a "red lead" primer under the white ( possibly house paint? )

Original helmets had no such undercoat -your original M40 lies beneath its later covering.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

And why white inside, under the leather?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi, the paintwork looks unconvincing to me, and as noted, why paint inside?

Very much as I expected, thanks very much for the help.

Hi, well the interior shot clearly shows the white paint is in the pitted areas of the shell, so that is enough to say 100% that this is a repainted relic shell. Leon.