Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Souvenir Helmet

Article about: I thought that this photo of a child playing in a UK street in the 1960’s would be of interest to the Helmet Collectors. A nice Luftwaffe single (and possibly double?) decal helmet I belie

?

Default Souvenir Helmet

I thought that this photo of a child playing in a UK street in the 1960’s would be of interest to the Helmet Collectors. A nice Luftwaffe single (and possibly double?) decal helmet I believe. I hope the kid took good care of it!
    Cheers,
    Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Souvenir Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Souvenir Helmet
    P
    Many

It reminds me of when I was a kid in the late 50's/early 60's. I was given a German infantry helmet which had been lying about on a hangar shelf at AVRO at Woodford airfield. I even had a three wheeler bike too!

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you for sharing the photo. Indeed playing around with WW2 helmets in our backyard was a favoured game for boys like us in the 1970's too

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

... my M1 Helmet we used for playing around:
    M1 airborne helmet: Korean era?
    (it had been damaged before)

And this Gladiator too
    Gladiator "Luftschutz" helmet

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

My dad said all the kids in the neighborhood had german and american helmets in the 50's . He had a german helmet when he was a kid and his uncle told him they weren't bullet proof my dad didn't believe him so his uncle took out his hunting rifle and shot it in the backyard. Only problem they lived in the city . Dad said lots of cop cars driving around the neighborhood that night .

TWS
    ?

When I started collecting, my dad told me the same thing: In the late 1940's/early 1950's he and his friends used to play with various WWII relics. Never did they think to stow them away for safekeeping.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."