Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields

Article about: This is a recent acquisition - one that you don't see that often, an otherwise standard square dip M34*double decal Fire/Police helmet, but this one has 2 Party Shields. *It was brush repain

Default Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields

This is a recent acquisition - one that you don't see that often, an otherwise standard square dip M34*double decal Fire/Police helmet, but this one has 2 Party Shields. *It was brush repainted flat black and then a second Party Shield was placed where the Police Adler was first located. *I don't know the reason for this application, but in discussion with some of my buddies a common speculation was that these were used at headquarters. *Maybe Don L. has the explanation? *Anyway, it is somewhat of an odd ball, and for that reason I had to have it. *Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields   Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields  

Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields   Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields  

Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields   Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields  

Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Square Dip M34 Fire Police Helmet - 2 Party Shields
    P
    Many

That IS something special , I also find the liner peculiar. Looks like they re-used the leather of captured French or Belgian Adrian helmets.

Two swazies for the price of one ? Cool piece, first I ever saw
    D.

Hi Frank, I have at least 4 M34's with this liner. I think they are French. Jim G.

Don L. posted this at GHWII regarding the application of double Party Shields on these helmets :

Nice helmet Jim. The explanation that I have for this is that these were for helmets that were supplied to civilians supporting the regular paid and volunteer fire units, and as was seen with several home-front organizations. I have a few of these and also one where the party shield remained intact but the Fire-Police shield was scratched off. It appears that only formal Fire-Police personnel (paid and volunteer) were allowed to wear the Fire-Police decal on a helmet. Regards, Don

Very unusual, a first for me, thanks for showing. Leon.