Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Ss dug helmet

Article about: Hi guys thinking of buying this ss dug helmet but not sure about the insignia guys asking £1500 is this a goody

?

Default Ss dug helmet

Hi guys
    thinking of buying this ss dug helmet
    but not sure about the insignia
    guys asking £1500 is this a goody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss dug helmet   Ss dug helmet  

Ss dug helmet   Ss dug helmet  

Ss dug helmet   Ss dug helmet  

Ss dug helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss dug helmet
    P
    Many

On first inspection, the SS decal looks like the round bottom fake to me.
    Wait for other opinions though of course.
    Nick

Rune decal appears fake. Not an ET decal IMO
    D.

bad photos to go on , you need top quality photos for decal assessment.
    So far not liking it.

My goodness, there's gold in them soils. You can see the attraction of relics to the crooked fraternity. Acquire a rust pitted canvas on which to stick a fake decal, scratch the hell out of it, so it's barely visible, (and of course harder to identify as fake), and after all that someone will likely pay 1,500 pounds, if they don't stumble onto a helmet forum before hand.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    My goodness, there's gold in them soils. You can see the attraction of relics to the crooked fraternity. Acquire a rust pitted canvas on which to stick a fake decal, scratch the hell out of it, so it's barely visible, (and of course harder to identify as fake), and after all that someone will likely pay 1,500 pounds, if they don't stumble onto a helmet forum before hand.
    Anderson,
    I don't know when all this "trickery" started taking place. The two years on this forum, I have seen tons of this "stuff". I had never noticed any of it prior to joining here. I guess I was just not exposed to it. Really such nonsense is becoming disturbing & sickening lately.
    D.

Indeed there seems to be a big market for them.
    I think it is because people mistakenly consider ground finds safer. And what often makes me cringe is that new collectors often consider rusted bent shells of a higher historical value than above ground finds.
    You will also notice that the ground find topics often lack the photographic quality of the topics we post here.
    But in order to be able to find a decent decalled ground find one has to have decal knowledge and that can only come from well preserved above ground finds.
    And there is the price to be considered.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    And what often makes me cringe is that new collectors often consider rusted bent shells of a higher historical value than above ground finds.
    I saw someone post that on a forum (could have been this one) and I wondered what kind of substance were they smoking. Most of the history with most ground finds has been erased by the elements.

One exception IMO would be a ground find that still has a legible unit identification and the spot where it was found is known and significant to that unit. That kind of ground find still has some pretty cool history. But for the most part random ground finds convey much less history than a helmet in good condition.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Thanks guys for looking at
    This one just saved me £1500
    I’ll find a good one one day
    Thanks again brocky

Quote by BROCKY View Post
    Thanks guys for looking at
    This one just saved me £1500
    I’ll find a good one one day
    Thanks again brocky
    For that money buy a decent DD Luftwaffe or a very nice Heer all complete.