Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS helmet

Article about: This piece of Chinese crap just sold for 248 euros on fleabay…

Default SS helmet

This piece of Chinese crap just sold for 248 euros on fleabay…

SS helmetSS helmetSS helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Proverbs 17: 16
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-21-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Well, as we use correct German terminology here I suggest just one word; "unglaublich"

I think there really is one born every minute and it is very hard to see the purchaser of this a much of a victim given the availability of good research resources these days

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It's pathetic really, i have sold good un-messed with no decal helmets for that on flea bay in the past. What is up with these idiots. Leon.

Come on guys don't knock my purchase please, it's a good one!

Fair dues to the German seller though, he never did claim it was genuine... he just said: 'Alter sammleranfertigung.' I just can't believe that someone would spend that kind of money on dog poo.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    It's pathetic really, i have sold good un-messed with no decal helmets for that on flea bay in the past. What is up with these idiots. Leon.
    Exactly! I know it shouldn't bother me but it really does irritate to think of someone being so totally clueless when there is so much information readily available if one just spends the time to look. Like many members here I recall when there were not even good books to read let alone the internet and all this "forum" nonsense. I hope the buyer really enjoys having such a nice "flower pot".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Fair dues to the German seller though, he never did claim it was genuine... he just said: 'Alter sammleranfertigung.' I just can't believe that someone would spend that kind of money on dog poo.
    Therefore no intent to deceive!

It seems to me that if one is inclined to collect anything of non-English origin one really ought to at least try to work out some of the relevant language.

"Sammleranfertigung" (old or not) really does not translate into English exactly so my old friend interpretation comes into play and this can be interpreted in no other way than; "collectors copy / version /reproduction"

"A fool and his money" etc

Regards

Mark

I think it has a chance.

It's a good honest, well balanced if somewhat salty.....FAKE!

And just to rub salt into the wound...it's damn ugly too!

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I think it has a chance.

It's a good honest, well balanced if somewhat salty.....FAKE!

And just to rub salt into the wound...it's damn ugly too!
    I can see that you are an expert in these matters...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast