Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS M34 lightweight helmet ?

Article about: Hi, Recently passed on ebay this helmet... The liner, the colour and the shape of the helmet correspond to a lightweight Edelstahl helmet, but the ventilation holes are different, as on civi

WWH
    ?

Default SS M34 lightweight helmet ?

Hi,

Recently passed on ebay this helmet...
    The liner, the colour and the shape of the helmet correspond to a lightweight Edelstahl helmet, but the ventilation holes are different, as on civilian M34 helmets, but not in pairs.
    There is a brand name inscribed on an ink stamp inside the helmet and on the chinstrap too.

I'm curious, decal is fake or not ? The design corresponds to CA Porcher and is on the right side, but this is clearly not my area of expertise.

Thanks !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M34 lightweight helmet ?
    P
    Many

Looks like a fake Pocher to me.

WWH
    ?

Thanks for answer. Funny to put a fake decal for after destroy it. This helmet has a little remain of party decal.
    This kind of helmet is civil or can be used by SS ?

Can you show the remains of the party shield? And yes, there are real examples of M34 SS helmets.

WWH
    ?

Hi,

I don't think it's enough to judge anything...

?

a very interesting piece.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Can you show the remains of the party shield? And yes, there are real examples of M34 SS helmets.
    Do you know of any Jim ? I know only 1 the example in SS steel. Unfortunately not photographed in detail to be sure.
    Have not seen any on the forums the last 15 years , if these were indeed used most would have become used by other branches like the droopbill helmets. Repainted , redecalled. Would love to see an example.

People put fake decals under fake camo paint
    Z

WWH
    ?

But this kind of helmet was never camo painted...
    It has its original paint. I don't understand why put repro decals for after remove them. This helmet has been sold for around 120€

Was just making a point that people messed w German helmets since right after the war. Some to dress up a plain Jane helmet to have a nice souvenir. Some to enhance cost. Some just kids goofing around in 60s. Etc. For whatever reasons. Happened all the time. That’s why we look at the helmet as is on its own. We Don’t listen to stories or explanations. Just judge the helmet on its own merits.
    Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast