Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stabswache Röhm helmet

Article about: Hello guys. Two days ago i visited one of the local scrapyards and saw this helmet lying around. As this is not my collection field, I didn't recognise it for what it is. I just saw the remn

?

Default Stabswache Röhm helmet

Hello guys.
    Two days ago i visited one of the local scrapyards and saw this helmet lying around. As this is not my collection field, I didn't recognise it for what it is. I just saw the remnants of what I thought to be a SA decal and bought the thing.

Back home the decal struck me as odd, because it was so large. A google search for "SA helmet" and "SA helmet early version" turned up nothing, but with the addition of the search term "large decal" i found pics of the same type of helmet. On this particular forum, to be precise! I had never heard of the Stabswache Röhm before, let alone of special helmet insignia for this unit. Proof of the expertise gathered in this forum.

The scrapyard guy told me he had two helmets, but already sold one... I 'm not sure if the other one was also a Stabswache Röhm helmet, or whatever other type of helmet. Anyway, I'm glad I found this gem. I'll let the pictures speak.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stabswache Röhm helmet
    P
    Many

?

Stabswache Röhm helmetStabswache Röhm helmet

?

Here is the right side, there are only remnants of the decal left. I didn't notice them at first and believed it to be dirt...Stabswache Röhm helmetStabswache Röhm helmet

?

The liner is there, but it's quite dry, the chinstraps aren't there anymore. The helm has a few scratches which look fresh. It was probably dumped with other scrap onto the pile. Stabswache Röhm helmetStabswache Röhm helmet

?

I would not get too excited looks like a civil helmet with a fake decal, hope i am wrong.

?

Anyway, this turned out to be one of the better finds in the scrapyard. The only stuff found there so far where good, but definitely less spectacular: Some bayonets in various conditions, the occasional jerrycan, some ammunition boxes and a couple of messtins. But visiting it regularly is obviously worthwile!

?

Thanks for the reply, Mametz! I hope it is real too. Eager to hear from other members. But if it turns out to be fake, luckily it will be far from a financial ruin, the thing cost next to nothing.

Regards, Jerek

I think it's a good one but I'm not an expert in these ,not many are. Jim has one or two of these with good decals. He will make the call.
    M33 Stabswache Röhm - SA helmet

Looks good to me. Congrats!

Kind regards
    Basti

1000% correct! Very few exist, but this one is a one second one look original from across the street. Jim G.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast