Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH

Article about: Hello, Recently managed to buy a very salty M18 steel helmet, which has the remains of the original liner. Any ideas about the decal manufacturer? Due condition it is not possible to see mak

Default Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH

Hello,
    Recently managed to buy a very salty M18 steel helmet, which has the remains of the original liner. Any ideas about the decal manufacturer? Due condition it is not possible to see maker markings, lot nr. and size of the shell.
    With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH   Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH  

Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH   Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH  

Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm M18 Transitional(?) SD WH
    P
    Many

Hard to say as they used a few different types on transitional helmets.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Hard to say as they used a few different types on transitional helmets.
    I was in hurry, so i had no time to do research. It was sold in our local advertisement site, for reasonable price- so i had to go for it before it ended up in hands of some reseller.

Thats a really nice, salty helmet! Great find!

A nice relic! And interesting to see that it has retained what looks like a WW1 liner which is sometimes seen. Either a size 62 or a 60.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    A nice relic! And interesting to see that it has retained what looks like a WW1 liner which is sometimes seen. Either a size 62 or a 60.
    Thank You. It was one of the helmet models i was actually looking for- it was found locally. What makes me wonder are the remains of the layer of white paint, which reminds me of white wash in few spots.

Certainly a very interesting helmet. The white paint appears to be under the field grey, which would suggest a snow camo prior to it being repainted to 1940 specifications (but not necessarily in 1940, perhaps after) with a single decal added. This one has a lot of character.

Andy

Interesting, maybe it is the reason why the field grey paint has flaked off the surface, because of the white wash not being properly cleaned prior application of the paint? About decal would it be a field applied decal- if it was done after 1940? Still- thank You for some additional information.

Best regards,