Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !

Article about: Hello my friends ! Hope you are all doing great ! Can you please give me your comments about the Stahlhelm M40 from the pics ? I'm about to purchase it on a "low price" but would l

Default Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !

Hello my friends ! Hope you are all doing great !

Can you please give me your comments about the Stahlhelm M40 from the pics ? I'm about to purchase it on a "low price" but would like to have your confirmation too ...

Note: I guess its a replaced/repaired liner ...

thank you in advance !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !   Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !  

Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !   Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !  

Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !
    P
    Many

That's certainly a very odd liner! Looks like it's been fashioned from a large piece of leather. If it's a period-done replacement, it would be a nice unique piece. Although I would question why the owner would go through so much trouble fashioning a makeshift liner, when surely factory-made replacements would be readily available?

Also, it appears to have taken a shrapnel hit to the crown, albeit an indirect one going on the relatively minor damage done to the shell.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Very interesting. Liner appears to be hand made. It is very old. So who really knows how/who/why???

From the photo, the chinstrap is not original as it seems from the photo to have an extra leather tab under the buckle. The buckle end almost looks like an early carabiner clip style but without the carabiner clip. So maybe a modification at the same time as the liner.

Thought.......Hmmmm......pure speculation.

1) Solider on front lines
    2) Damage to helmet from blast concussion (i.e. the cracks on top)
    3) Liner damaged at same time
    4) Soldier forced to improvise until such time he can get a new helmet....(they wouldn't have replaced the liner as the helmet at this point was toast)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, yes a very odd hand made liner, certainly has age to it, but when it was put in would be impossible to prove. If it is cheap like you say then go for it as it is certainly a curio! Leon.

Thank you alll for the fast replies !
    Any concerns on the shell ? I will go for it if the concerns are only about the liner and I belive the shell is original such as the decal .... Thank you all again !

MAP
    ?

Shell is fine and while there is not enough decal for me to authenticate (others can), the wear appears to match the helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks mate ! 😉

Heeey,

I put my hands on it !!! here are some more detailed better quality pictures ... What do you think ?

thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !   Stahlhelm M40 Heer opnions please !  

Despite the weird interior, I like the exterior and think it displays really well. Quist M40 with chinstrap and in a nice worn condition - one I would like to have also.
    Nick

Thankss Nick, its a very nice looking M40 indeed ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast