Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stalingard Front site

Article about: Hi Guys - I read a couple old threads where someone from the "Stalingrad Front" (relic helmet selling site based @ Volgograd) got burned bad - I was wondering, are the helmets they

?

Default Stalingard Front site

Hi Guys - I read a couple old threads where someone from the "Stalingrad Front" (relic helmet selling site based @ Volgograd) got burned bad - I was wondering, are the helmets they're selling all messed, or some of them are actually OK?
    I picked 2 random winter camo helmets for your input, are they "fake" (messed with) or original? Some of the helmets (like these 2) seems ok, but I'm probably not an expert...
    Did anyone here get any helmets from them in the past?

helmet 1:
    Stalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front site

helmet 2:
    Stalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front site

Cheers,
    Fabe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingard Front site
    P
    Many

?

Never buy camo helmets from someone, who is known for selling crappy stuff, I honestly can't comment on the authenticity of the camo or helmet, but I would not buy anything from these guys, especially not anything with camo.
    -----------------------
    They may be OK, but I would not take the chance.

MAP
    ?

Relics are easy to fake and extremely difficult to authenticate....so if the seller doesn't have a Sterling reputation why risk it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, these guy's were told quite forcefully by us all here that they were selling a fake SS wire basket helmet but they would not back down despite over the whelming evidence. What made it worse was that they had just become forum sponsors and were advertising all their fake crap in threads so we had to get them "kicked off" for good!! They really have no scruples at all and were also very rude when exposed saying that everyone clearly knew nothing about helmets here, i would not touch any of their stuff with a barge pole! If you saw the SS thread you will see that there was very little going for that helmet at all, it really was a "one look" fake from top to bottom, but they had "solid proof" it was good!! Leon.

The thread Leon was referencing:

SS helmet from Rostov

Enough said...

?

Ok guys - I see your point - a new question arises: picking up a relic helmet from the "Stalingrad" area is on my bucket list - so could anyone recommend me a reliable seller (I'm asking the collectors of relic helmets here)?

Hi Fabe, I’m dubious about these guys. The rust on the helmet appears quite fresh which is questionable. i.e. it appears as thought the helmet has been aged. Without having the helmet in hand it’s hard to say. These guys seem to trade off the myth that Stalingrad is still full of relic helmets in good condition. However I do know an eBay seller from Voldagrad that sells his helmets quite cheaply . I purchased a double decal M35 from him and in the add he didn’t even show the decals but I could see one from one of the above shots. I will see if I can track him down and post the details.

Hi Fabe,

The seller is gumrak15 - gumrak15 on eBay

He has some good stuff at the moment and he is cheap but no helmets. Sure he will get some soon.

This is what I ended up with:Stalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front site

This is a seller that I get a good feeling about based on what I have purchased from him, what he charges, his eBay rating and the fact that he doesn't tend to make up fantastic stories about the items (oh, and he ships from Voldagrad!!) . In other words these helmets are what they are. I think with relic helmets more is less. Tread with caution and have a good look at what's around and eventually you will get a good feeling. And at the end of the day these lids aren't very expensive so you don't have too much to lose.

Good Luck!
    Andrew

The problem is all relics are from Stalingrad, Kursk, Leningrad or some fancy battle site.
    There is just no way to know where it was dug if it cannot be proven.
    I found a helmet in Schaffen Belgium in a basement maybe a couple of years later it was found in a shed in the Ardennes. It is what people want to hear just know that it is just sales talk unless it can be backed by solid facts.

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi Fabe,

The seller is gumrak15 - gumrak15 on eBay

He has some good stuff at the moment and he is cheap but no helmets. Sure he will get some soon.

This is what I ended up with:Stalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front siteStalingard Front site

This is a seller that I get a good feeling about based on what I have purchased from him, what he charges, his eBay rating and the fact that he doesn't tend to make up fantastic stories about the items (oh, and he ships from Voldagrad!!) . In other words these helmets are what they are. I think with relic helmets more is less. Tread with caution and have a good look at what's around and eventually you will get a good feeling. And at the end of the day these lids aren't very expensive so you don't have too much to lose.

Good Luck!
    Andrew
    Thanks a lot for the info - I'll be on a lookout...Nice helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast