Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steel Helmet

Article about: Would need some help with this helmet. Can anyone tell me anything about this. Make, history and value estimate. All help very much appreciated. Thank you greatly, Andre'

?

Default Steel Helmet

Would need some help with this helmet. Can anyone tell me anything about this. Make, history and value estimate. All help very much appreciated.

Thank you greatly, Andre'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Helmet   Steel Helmet  

Steel Helmet   Steel Helmet  

Steel Helmet   Steel Helmet  

Steel Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It's a WW1 Austrian M17. Chin strap appears to be correct. Can be sure about the paint as the photos appear to be overly bright but I think it is OK. There should be some maker marks on the inside but I can not see based on these photos.

Lets wait for other opinions on the paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Default Closer look

I tried to find markings but it is really hard if there are any. I think I found something that could resemble markings but It is very faint is so. The markings I found were on the left inside of the helmet close to the part where the "sun shade" starts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Helmet   Steel Helmet  

MAP
    ?

Looks like a W6. (I had to rotate the photos).

I would guess it could be "AW64" but only a guess. AW being the maker and 64 the size.

If so, then it is made by A. Westen Cilli of Slovinia

The more I look at the paint, the less sure I am about it.

Let's see what others have to say.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Finnish used helmet, with original Austro-hungarian chinstrap.

It still has Finnish auction item number tab attached to it, Kypärä 48 (=Helmet 48)

WWI vintage Austrian M-17's are tan. The chin strap on the thread starter is original to the helmet, but the helmet was repainted, presumably when it was sold to the Finns. Jim G.

Steel Helmet  

?

Duh....I put it there for identification for inventory 😂

Quote: Duh....I put it there for identification for inventory ������

???????? Uh, Andre, in case you didn't know, this forum is for the exchange of information about the hobby, it is not an appraisal service. You asked about the model and the history, and, uh, you were told and shown what is was in its original incarnation and, uh, what it is now. It started out as an M17 Austrian helmet, then at some point it was repainted and issued to the Finns. Now, uh, it is sans liner, but retains the original Austrian chinstrap. As far as value, uh, well, that is not our job Andre, do your own homework.

Well said Jim.

Quote by Warpig View Post
    Duh....I put it there for identification for inventory ������
    Please respectful on the forum if not then you wont last here very long

Regards
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast