Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Helmet M 42

Article about: Thank you for your opinion :-)

?

Default Steel Helmet M 42

Thank you for your opinion :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Helmet M 42   Steel Helmet M 42  

Steel Helmet M 42   Steel Helmet M 42  

Steel Helmet M 42   Steel Helmet M 42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Helmet M 42
    P
    Many

I have to ask where are you getting these crap photos from and what is the reason you are posting these helmets ?

?

Someone who likes to sell it to me - yes the pictures are horrible…. but the collector is very old…. i hope to get an indication of you collector friends if a helmet has potential to be good… than i will try to get better pictures. sorry for that… and thank you nevertheless….

Quote by KDVR View Post
    Someone who likes to sell it to me - yes the pictures are horrible…. but the collector is very old…. i hope to get an indication of you collector friends if a helmet has potential to be good… than i will try to get better pictures. sorry for that… and thank you nevertheless….
    This one is another dud.

?

Thank you very much.

The lack of split pins, tri color shield on a M42 and the czech liner system should of been an immediate giveaway even by these pictures. Take some time to learn the helmet basics and you'll be much better off in the future.

If you are going to collect German helmets, you really do need to do some research yourself instead of asking others to let you know if your are chasing yet another load of junk. If you are serious about your collecting, you could at least try and educate yourself a bit on the subject. Either that, or take up e less expensive hobby.

?

Thank you! My focus is more on medals, my experiance with helmets is low. Thanks for your advices and please don‘t judge me to hard if I post some helmets to get an opinion.

Quote by KDVR View Post
    Thank you! My focus is more on medals, my experiance with helmets is low. Thanks for your advices and please don‘t judge me to hard if I post some helmets to get an opinion.
    I don’t think anyone is intentionally trying to be nasty, rather they are trying to help you save your money rather than spending it on helmets that are ultimately floored. Having said that, the older collector that you mentioned may not even be aware of what he is selling as he may have had them for a long time and our understanding of TR helmets has advanced a lot in more recent years due to the internet and better sharing and access to information.

As an analogy, if I was thinking of starting collecting medals I would spend a lot time studying them and then perhaps bring them to the forum for evaluation perhaps putting across some of your own observations or questions.The forum is a great resource with thousands of posts on helmets etc, I would suggest starting at the very end of the TR helmets section and reading through and you will see countless examples of fakes and original items and soon you will start to pick things out as you go along. It really is the best way to learn and all part of the experience of collecting.

Andy