Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stocking the shelves.

Article about: The other day I came across a shelving unit on the app Next Door. It cost a whopping \\$10 and a new coat of paint that I applied the same day. After letting it dry a couple days, I decided to

TWS
    ?

Default Stocking the shelves.

The other day I came across a shelving unit on the app Next Door. It cost a whopping $10 and a new coat of paint that I applied the same day.

After letting it dry a couple days, I decided to launch my first foray at filling it up this evening. Very minor league compared to some displays I have seen, but I hope my trial run isn't too bad.

Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Attachment 1223044Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.Stocking the shelves.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stocking the shelves.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

As I said,one man's junk is another man's treasure

Great display
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't care for the color of paint you selected...im kidding it looks great. Nice wide shelf's, i like the 2 and 2 configuration. good job and its out of my current league. awesome job great re purpose.
    GP

A great display, you have much more than i do these days and mine is scattered around the house now! Leon.

Very nice display. The lighting is great

TWS,

I love the layout of your collection! Everything is neat and organized. I'm taking notes with what to do with my limited space.

I absolutely love this display - I think the contrast between the helmets / photos and the white paint looks really good.
    I've been looking for some white shelving for my own display - instead of buying, I may check the charity / thrift shops and paint them white like you have.
    Gives me some spare £££ for other things then.
    Nick

TWS
    ?

Thank-you for the kind words gentlemen. To respond to some of the comments: I was happy to have picked up something so inexpensive so that working on this display did not eat into my budget for more militaria! I'm sure most of us can relate. I actually did a trial run painting one spot on the side of the shelving unit a battleship gray (grey for our Brits) that I had a container of laying around, but decided that bright white would look best and provide a good and neutral contrast to items displayed. I've seen some black or very dark shelves in use and they seem not to work as well. I also debated stuffing my side caps in between the helmets, but decided it would make the display seem crowded and cluttered. I'm glad to see you guys agree that the uncluttered look is good.

I can most definitely relate to those still working on being able to display their collection. Everything you see on the shelves had to be unpacked from boxes. A bit of personal background is that after collecting on and off since the mid 80's as a kid, I took a break from roughly late 2005 to the beginning of this year (!) Net effect is that I had no "war room" and only after converting our guest bedroom was I able to get space to set some things out on display, so it's still very much a work in progress (and also subject to some limitations set by the Mrs.).

?

Really wonderful display, a great variety of items and perfect up-cycling.
    Wilko

Awesome Display! Thank you for sharing.
    John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast