Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Testing for Authenticity

Article about: Guys as you might know in the world of antiques ect ,there are many ways to test if an item has the age on it which it is supposed to have .in the world of diamonds ect you can have a tiny i

Default Testing for Authenticity

Guys as you might know in the world of antiques ect ,there are many ways to test if an item has the age on it which it is supposed to have .in the world of diamonds ect you can have a tiny instrument whichfits into your pocket to test that the stones are real ,and not fake .It would be excellent if in the world of german helmets collecting ect that there was a little kit with instrumnets we could buy to test decals ,metal, leather eet ect.It would save a lot of misery.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Testing for Authenticity
    P
    Many

Default Re: Testing for Authenticity

guys whether the subject has been talked about before , i am not sure/i am suprised so far their are no replies to what i believe is a fundimental subject for all collectors.why shouldnt collectors take advantage of high tec items to test each helmet they might be considering purchaseing.I collect antiques and i cary numerous items with me to test items.I know antique dealers also cary around a lot of testing devices,why not militaria collectors?

Different tools already exist for testing , from the simple UV light , the magnifying glass to the new in the field and expensive Xray technology.
    Use what you want but know how to use it , the master word being knowledge and sadly it's a long and hard work

also experience tells you a lot, however the attached photo will give an indication of how difficult it is to replicate certain decals. The photo is not mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Testing for Authenticity