Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on an EF M42

Article about: Good morning/evening/day or whatever you might have while reading this I am thinking about buying this helmet, to me it appears to be a plain-Jane M42 ND EF62 helmet, part of the liner was c

Default Thoughts on an EF M42

Good morning/evening/day or whatever you might have while reading this
    I am thinking about buying this helmet, to me it appears to be a plain-Jane M42 ND EF62 helmet, part of the liner was cut out maybe to hide a name or something. But what do you think of the paint, to me it almost seems like there was a post war layer of paint on it and that was removed at some point, as there isn't that much paint left on the helmet and there are weird dark spots near the liner rivets, maybe its just my imagination, but what do you think? Pictures aren't the greatest unfortunately, but that's always the case with this app.. lot number I think is 1413 or something similar.
    The seller wants 200€ for the helmet, what do you all think, yes I know.. its worth what someone is willing to pay for it and all, but anyway.
    Luis
    Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42Thoughts on an EF M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on an EF M42
    P
    Many

Hi Luis,

The condition and paint on liner pins doesn't match the entire helmet which could point to a replacement liner. The shell appears to have been sanded in some areas and has some light pitting while it looks like some original paint remains.

From these photo's the helmet appears to have been messed with post war and without access to better closeup photos I think it would be one to avoid.

Andrew

MAP
    ?

I would want to see photos in natural light. These are so over exposed it is hard to see what is really going on.

The liner looks like it was a good meal for some mice or it rotted and someone cleaned it up
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It should have a decal so it never was an original factory no decal.
    I would pass on it.

Thank you very much for your opinions, I will ask for some more pictures, but I will leave this one then.

Exterior has been heavily cleaned. Agree....leave this one
    D.

Hello, probably shell was removed from the shell. The helmet had probably been painted over after 1945.
    Otherwise, I also think that the rivets were probably replaced.

One to pass on, to much has been going on with this one to make it desirable. Leon.