Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this M35

Article about: Good evening all, I am considering getting this M35, I am not interested in the liner as I will be replacing that and know it is not original, but what about the shell, to me it looks like i

Default Thoughts on this M35

Good evening all, I am considering getting this M35, I am not interested in the liner as I will be replacing that and know it is not original, but what about the shell, to me it looks like it's an original NS64 shell that had some sort of decals applied, though I can't wrap my head around what they are exactly, the one on the left side does not look like remains of a Heer, because of the white, almost like an SS decal, though that would not make that much sense, but I've heard of double SS runes helmets, also I am just as unsure of the decal on the right side.
    Either way, this is why I am posting here, to hear your thoughts, I am rather sure paint and ink stamp are original, the seller wants 200€+shipping, do you reckon it as a good price?
    Thanks in advance.
    Luis
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35  Thoughts on this M35 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this M35
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Liner is not fake. Just post war IMHO.

Shell is real but repainted. Happy if others disagree.

No idea on the decals
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your reply MAP,
    yeah that's what I meant with the liner , if more people say that the shell is repainted I will not buy it, I'm only looking for one with original paint.
    Luis

The perforations in the front of the liner make it look like a former BGS helmet liner.

My guess is they may have tried to tart it up as an SS and thought it looked too unrealistic and then decided to remove the decal. Just conjecture of course.

Keep looking PotatoDigger - the reward will be even greater when you get yourself the real thing.

Difficult to tell with the paint, but the decal would not be SS as NS did not make SS helmets.
    Better pictures needed i feel.
    nick

Thanks for your reply, AndyM35. I sure will keep looking and hopefully find a good one.. in about 10 years , till then you will have to put up with me posting "meh" helmets, just kidding, occasionally I find something decent aswell.

Thanks for your reply Nick, yeah , come to think of it, wasn't there something funny with NS helmets and SS, right the Champagne debacle! Completely forgot about that(but that just as a side note), I will ask for better pictures, but I am leaning more and more towards not getting it.

But Nick your reply is that of someone with knowledge and insight whereas the type of guys that created this piece probably didn't go to the lengths of applying decals to the correct shell.

MAP
    ?

The question is...

Have you sat down and figured out exactly what you want and what your price point is. That will make the quest much easier, and stop the mad dash to "get a helmet". You will be much more focused even if you have to wait and save up a bit more

There are lots of good condition "starter" helmets out there. More than you can imagine. Just need to be patient
    Last edited by MAP; 05-17-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well, I have thought about it, for a brief amount of time, I was just thinking of getting a shell to put the liner in that I am restoring, but a complete helmet would be nice too, apart from the czech LS and "saved" Q64 M40 I have, I don't have any "starter helmets" in my collection right now and the others I had turned out to be junk.. unfortunately.
    I will have to see about the price point but if I manage to sell a few things I don't have a use for I think I'd have at least 300€, but I would be very much leaning towards getting one in good shape.
    So, you're probably right and I should just get a proper helmet to begin with..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast