Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this seller

Article about: Hi guys, in your opinion, are the prices of this seller appropriate? To me, they look quite a bit too high. Or do I maybe have a wrong understanding of how much an original steel helmet is w

Default Thoughts on this seller

Hi guys,

in your opinion, are the prices of this seller appropriate? To me, they look quite a bit too high. Or do I maybe have a wrong understanding of how much an original steel helmet is worth?

Wehrmacht Stahlhelm / Helmut Weitze

The seller has beautiful items! Don't want to denigrate the seller. I'm just trying to get a feeling for the market here.

All the best,
    0.S.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this seller
    P
    Many

?

I've never dealt with Weitze. Alot of people say that some of his items are good and some aren't. Wait for others to comment but that's just what i know about him.

dealt with him before, know what your buying is the simplest suggestion, but that goes for all dealers . He is one of the highest end dealers so if your just getting into helmets i would hazard away from buying from him.
    All of his items are on the extreme side for price

Yeah, most items i´ve seen from him where legit, although he also sells some fakes as far as i know.
    His prices are... way to much in my opinion, i have seen items in his inventory sell at different places for almost half the price he asks. If you want a good helmet for a start, i would recommend looking further, there are a lot of helmets out there for better prices, but if you want a nice (not mint, but in a good, original, untouched and complete condition) i would say you look on at an investment atleast in the 400-500 euro range (If we talk about the european market).

Not really answering your question, but for myself, a large part of the enjoyment of this hobby comes from the hunt and getting some sort of deal or bargain to at least below top-dollar depending on rarity and condition. Bought my first German helmet when my son was 8-years old (now 24) and I treasure the amount of time we spent going to flea markets, militaria shows (took him to his first SoS when he was 15) or antique stores even if we didn't buy anything.

?

I have bought from him before, he kept his word to me 100% and sent me some volunteer WSS items as soon as i had paid for them. I had to use a payment plan since im not a wealthy individual (thanks to this collecting addiction) So for me personally, weitze were very correct and flexible when it came to assembling a long term payment plan.

Now when it comes to items being 100% original, then there is a rule today in 2020 that goes for any purchase from any dealer out there today- Always take (or download) some top quality photos of the item you are interested in before you purchase it. If you are afraid that someone else will buy it when you are posting a photo, then try send dealer a email asking him to keep the item on hold for 24/48 hours so you can have time to post as many photos as possible around on various groups and forums. I have never used that option, so i cant say if it is possible in todays competitive dealers marked.

When it comes to price, then i agree that prices sometimes may be high, but i personally dont collect for any "investment" thought in mind at all, i collect for preserving historical object and therefor pay high price if i have no other options, without loosing any nights sleep at all.

?

I have never had a problem.. I usually get my items from them in 24-48 hours. As with any dealer, it really is up to the buyer to be aware and knowledgeable of what they are purchasing, when in doubt post on the Forum.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Be very careful with his helmets (and it will not only be helmets), he has a high percentage of fakes. Wire , camo especially. But also KM that are not KM and sometimes very easy to spot fakes he sells for original.
    He appears regularly in my blog series Tracking the fakes.
    Tracking the fakes #7 – German Helmet Vault

What I often find incredulous is how collectors can talk positive about a dealer for shipping on time , that would seem standard practice if you do business. It is worrisome if for years on end you mix good with bad stuff. Even if money back guarantee is given.

For me a good dealer first and foremost is a dealer you can trust selecting authentic items so you can buy safely.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 04-10-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks for your detailed answers! I had guessed correctly that his prices are rather high.
    All the best!

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Be very careful with his helmets (and it will not only be helmets), he has a high percentage of fakes. Wire , camo especially. But also KM that are not KM and sometimes very easy to spot fakes he sells for original.
    He appears regularly in my blog series Tracking the fakes.
    Tracking the fakes #7 – German Helmet Vault

What I often find incredulous is how collectors can talk positive about a dealer for shipping on time , that would seem standard practice if you do business. It is worrisome if for years on end you mix good with bad stuff. Even if money back guarantee is given.

For me a good dealer first and foremost is a dealer you can trust selecting authentic items so you can buy safely.
    In all reality and with due respect, show me a dealer that has never offered a fake by accident, lack of knowledge or carelessness ..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast