Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Three Amigos

Article about: Hey guys! Just had to show my small collection but they keep each other company. They probably share their stories with each other when I’m away Lol. I wanted to start this thread to keep an

Default The Three Amigos

Hey guys! Just had to show my small collection but they keep each other company. They probably share their stories with each other when I’m away Lol. I wanted to start this thread to keep an update of photos of my overall collection as it grows. One question I had also is I do not like the white Back wall is there a sight that sells big posters for a better backdrop? I thought of using a black sheet but then I thought Nah haha. Then I need to install better lighting!! Hopefully getting electrocuted won’t be apart of that plan as Iam completely lost when it comes to wiring I might just cross wire it to where when you flick the light on the toilet flushes LOL.
    But anyways my main quest is to fine a good backdrop besides a white wall.
    Hope you guys are having a great day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Three Amigos   The Three Amigos  

The Three Amigos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Three Amigos
    P
    Many

Hi Giants,

I wouldn’t rush into it but would let it evolve. Have a look at the threads in the Collections and Display section and you’ll see a whole array of different displays and interpretations. My collection was displayed much like yours until very recently as I didn’t have the spare room or time. It doesn’t have to be expensive either. For example you can get some good cabinets at iKea that are pretty good for the price. Have a look at my recent post regarding my display which I started on over Christmas and which is still evolving. Lighting does not have to be technical to be effective - my lights are battery operated lights for $11 a three pack at Bunnings.

By far my best advice would be to ensure that your collection is stored in a stable environment that doesn’t suffer extremes of temperature. Next on my shopping list is a Itemperature/humidity gauge to monitor what’s going in my War room.

My War Room Progress.

Andrew

Yes I’m definetly in no rush as it is a very expensive hobby and I do like my money lol which is why I go after cheaper helmets. And I love those display cabinets you have! Shows your collect quite nicely.!

Hey guys! So right now I might try to sell all of my collection together as a group since someone in my family is in a financial struggle and selling this I would be able to help them out! I’m going to try and find out how to put it in the classifieds so it’s everything in this picture plus I have a another m40 police DD on the way that will be apart of this. It’s been fun and thank y’all for teaching me and letting me hang out with y’all! (currently trying to put it in the classified)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Hey guys! So right now I might try to sell all of my collection together as a group since someone in my family is in a financial struggle and selling this I would be able to help them out! I’m going to try and find out how to put it in the classifieds so it’s everything in this picture plus I have a another m40 police DD on the way that will be apart of this. It’s been fun and thank y’all for teaching me and letting me hang out with y’all! (currently trying to put it in the classified)
    Selling does not mean you have to stop participating!!!!!

Sorry to hear this but nice to see that you are helping out Family

Selling as a group will be difficult so consider this approach carefully.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry Map yeah I didn’t mean it like I still won’t participate! I’ll still be here commenting just not “collecting”. You can’t get rid of me that easy haha. Yeah maybe I will sell separately I might have to keep the police DD though lol. If anyone is interested in any of it before I get it up on the classifieds feel free to message me

MAP
    ?

Sorry Map yeah I didn’t mean it like I still won’t participate! I’ll still be here commenting just not “collecting”. You can’t get rid of me that easy haha. Yeah maybe I will sell separately I might have to keep the police DD though lol. If anyone is interested in any of it before I get it up on the classifieds feel free to message me
    Always keep one or two items. It keeps you connected. Plus, one day you will start collecting again, you won't be starting from scratch.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very wise words Map.

MAP
    ?

Very wise words Map.
    Well I am the Wise One! Or was that the Wise Ass? I forget. But its one or the other.

Will admit, flicking the lights when the toilet flushes would be convenient! You finish your.. Eh, "business", flick the switch, on comes the light of your mancave and down goes the waste as you enter! Two button presses with just one switch! Lovely collection, my friend. I especially like the bayonets and Luftwaffe helmet..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast