Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, posting this for a friend of mine who is looking for a KM helmet. I wish I could give a solid answer to it but it is eluding me as well. It looks like a KM decal to me but hard to

Default Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet

Hey guys, posting this for a friend of mine who is looking for a KM helmet. I wish I could give a solid answer to it but it is eluding me as well. It looks like a KM decal to me but hard to tell with the texture paint. Also, the inside paint appears brushed and the rear lot number seems a bit odd as well. Assuming it is an EF (unknown who the maker is yet) there have been some KM helmets being reported in that lot number range. Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet   Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet  

Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet   Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet
    P
    Many

The lot number is in an odd font. But I do think the decal is a Kriegs.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It is an EF to clear that up. The detail lines in the wings seem a little thick to be a heer compared to m40 heer decal examples.

In all fairness the whole serial range was a hodgepodge of heer, luft and KM

A few more of the decal. I still think its km. Pretty sure I can make out a ridge along the top of the wings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet   Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet  

Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Toned Heer or KM M40 Helmet 

Anyone else care to venture an opinion?

Hi, I have not studied the EF KM decal so I am not qualified to give an "expert" opinion it I'm afraid, if it had been an ET I could have told you! Leon.

MAP
    ?

A bit of color. Based on Ken N's book, EF model 40 helmets appear to have the two layer type of decal. He shows an example that is dated 41. 1 layer types are on EF M42's. Whether this is always the case for M40's I do not know.

But to me, it looks like a toned Heer.

Not having any real experience with KM helmets that is about as much as I can say. Hopefully others with more KM experience can opine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes it has been posted around in a few circles and its 50/50 heer vs. KM. Anyone familiar with who may be versed in KM lids?

Heer, was my initial impression.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast