Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Took German helmet to gunshow to sell,made me sad

Article about: Took this single decal heer helmet to the gunshow to sell,military dealers there highest offer was 300.00.They all said it was a nice original but not worth much.Said they would try and sell

Default Took German helmet to gunshow to sell,made me sad

Took this single decal heer helmet to the gunshow to sell,military dealers there highest offer was 300.00.They all said it was a nice original but not worth much.Said they would try and sell it for 350.00-400.00 but it would probably sit a while.Makes me sad to think my helmets arent worth much.Guess they will have to bury me with them because I aint giving em away!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Took German helmet to gunshow to sell,made me sad   Took German helmet to gunshow to sell,made me sad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Took German helmet to gunshow to sell,made me sad
    P
    Many

?

Please don't feel bad. Were you inquiring prices from the dealers/table holders? If so, they are looking at making 75%-100%. If not, the walkers were nuts! I never take items to shows anymore to sell. I use the forums or GunBroker. This forum has a Classified section? Use it!

Good luck

As mentioned above, the dealers were probably spinning a yarn in order to get it for a reduced price and make a profit. It's not one that would sit on the open market for long by any means.

Regards, B.B.

I would have jumped for joy if I bought that helmet for as much as they where saying, I do not think you could get me to shut up about how much of a steal it was. Nice helmet by the way

Something untouched like this would bring US$600-700 on the Aussie market!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks guys appreciate it!Makes me feel better!Funny thing,the dealers watched me walk away and didnt bat an eye.Must be plenty of people out there willing to sell helmets for that.They didnt even offer 325.00!I am semi retired,now need to rent a table space at the show and give these guys a run for their money.ha

?

Some dealer is selling these as originals, so take it with a grain of salt, also, I was at a local show awhile back with my magnifying glass and briefcase and had to explain why I wanted to examine the reverse of a few buckles, they had no clue of different makers or marks.. my gain their loss, picked up a sweet RAD buckle I didn't have.... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Took German helmet to gunshow to sell,made me sad  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thats frustrating man, but like the gents above have already said, don't listen to those dealers, they are just trying to make a profit off of you.

Yeah Ethan,thanks, they were looking for a payday.Gwar,yeah I have picked up some good deals at shows but few and far between,congrats!Is that period toilet paper?ha

MAP
    ?

They probably thought you were clueless but we know that ain't true. I've seen it done before. They do have to make a profit but not rip you off in the process.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast