Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Troublesome EF SS?

Article about: What do you guys make of this EF m42 that sold on Collectors Guild? Doesnt look like a good EF decal to me. As pointed out in database graphic anomalies are unheard of with EF decals or are

?

Default Troublesome EF SS?

What do you guys make of this EF m42 that sold on Collectors Guild? Doesnt look like a good EF decal to me. As pointed out in database graphic anomalies are unheard of with EF decals or are we seeing a first? Note the shield shape, lack of soft corners, and yellowy granular texture of the pulver. Ive posted my EF decal as a comparison. Thanks for your input.

Robt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Troublesome EF SS?   Troublesome EF SS?  

Troublesome EF SS?   Troublesome EF SS?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Troublesome EF SS?
    P
    Many

Hi, well in my opinion that is no EF decal as you rightly point out, the breaks are much to sharp. Closer to a Quist or Pocher, but in my opinion its not those either, the left runes "bottom point" is to close to the shield for a Pocher and to high for a Quist for starters. Someone's bought a pup in my opinion. Leon.

The decal looks good to me.

?

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    The decal looks good to me.
    Really, in what way? What do you see graphically that matches up?

Robt.

Graphically the shape of the shield and the steep angle of the runes compare to EF examples imo. The milky white pulver can sometimes go a off-white over the years due to the laquer, handling or storage conditions.

MAP
    ?

Hmmm....my battered EF for comparison (with a more aged pulver but less the sharp breaks). I tend to agree with Leon that something is off, ever so slightly.

Troublesome EF SS?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thats a good EF.

Robt.

MAP
    ?

Quote by RGD51 View Post
    Thats a good EF.

Robt.
    Ahh..yes... it is a textbook EF (actually two textbook EF's - one over the other) but the helmet has seen it's fair share of abuse.

I only posted to show a similar pulver so a comparison can be made not distracted by the difference in colors.

I will say that the alignment issue (closeness of the rune to the boarder) that Leon pointed out is important BUT in speaking with people who have created decals for a living, it is not unheard of to have ever so slight misalignments between runs/batches. The break is the big question mark for me.

That said, I will always defer to decal experts. I know enough to know I don't know enough.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I think the runes are spot on correct with the Guild helmet but, in fact, what we’re seeing is a misalignment or anomaly that is not usually encountered with these EF SS decals. They are the most unique of the SS decals— assymetrical and typically with a soft shield break on both sides on a milky white background but— not on this particular run of decals one of which made it onto this lid.

Robt.

First EF decal I have seen that looked this way. I would have passed on it. There are a few out for sale right now that are more "textbook" in their appearance that would not be questioned as we are doing here with this example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast