Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?

Article about: These are one of two helmets that I have the ability to purchase. They seem like interesting pieces to my untrained eye. #1 #2

Default Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?

These are one of two helmets that I have the ability to purchase. They seem like interesting pieces to my untrained eye.

Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?

Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?
    P
    Many

Both lids appear to have fake Quist decals, fake liners/chinstraps and bad paint. Looks like they were put together by the same person.

CBH
    ?

The term Too Good to be True, comes to mind.

Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?Two helmets I have opportunity to buy, thoughts?

The offer I was presented with was 500$ not including shipping for one of either of those helmets and that leather helmet carrier.

?

Run!

lol...i trust you guys knowledge I will tell you that. but what is it on the two helmets that looks so obviously fake? what is it about the decals that are so obviously fake? is there somewhere on this site that has a "what to look for" kinda tutorial? i dont want to be the annoying new guy with all the questions :P

Right here

Fake German Steel helmets

- - ------- - -

At the very least a very good place to start
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Cessna77 View Post
    lol...i trust you guys knowledge I will tell you that. but what is it on the two helmets that looks so obviously fake? what is it about the decals that are so obviously fake? is there somewhere on this site that has a "what to look for" kinda tutorial? i dont want to be the annoying new guy with all the questions :P
    There is plenty of reference material on this forum, Larry has pointed you in the right direction. The feet area is a good starting point for Heer (Army) decals.

One look at the aged liner and it is a NO, then you go from there. If you want to helmet look N the classified section if one is not there to your budget or liking ask here and someone will have a helmet to fit your budget and taste.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

What are you thoughts on the leather helmet carrier? does that look like a pretty genuine piece? I have about 800 to spend and was hoping to pickup a decent "real" helmet that I could pair with the leather helmet carrier and I am currently also interested in a few medals that one of the other members here has listed in the classifieds...if I could pick up a decent display helmet and the leather carrier for 5-600 and pick up the medals for 200...i would be right in where i need to be "budget wise"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast