Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two M38 Hungarians

Article about: Have had these forever. I don’t know much about them, virtually nothing actually, but anyway, here they are. Both are complete. If anyone can provide any information I would greatly apprec

Default Two M38 Hungarians

Have had these forever. I don’t know much about them, virtually nothing actually, but anyway, here they are. Both are complete. If anyone can provide any information I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two M38 Hungarians   Two M38 Hungarians  

Two M38 Hungarians   Two M38 Hungarians  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two M38 Hungarians
    P
    Many

Here is the blue one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two M38 Hungarians   Two M38 Hungarians  

First helmet looks like typical Finnish used helmet. Green paint repainted on top of previous flaked paint. Finnish arm depots never bothered to clean old pain underneath when repainting.
    Also re-paint green color is typical Finnish.

Second helmet looks like it must have recieved too strong oxalic acid treatment.
    Treat the helmet steel surface with beewax so it will regain a bit more darker green color back.
    Smells 2 months so put it inside cardboard box which absorbs the smell. Also it looks yellow first, but it disappears later.

Oh, found more about second helmet.
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets

Early color (bluebottle). Hungarian civil defence color.

I thought color was very faded green.

MAP
    ?

Great helmets Jim.

One day it would be nice to pick up one of these to add to the " Family Tree" of Stahlhelm variations
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It’s obviously apparent that no-one improved on perfection Jim! Two cool helmets. I spotted one this morning and knew what it was straight away thanks to your post.

Andy

?

what is the bar on the back for?

MAP
    ?

Quote by toot View Post
    what is the bar on the back for?
    To attach to a carrying strap for cavalry

Someone posted a magazine article just last week with a period drawing of how it was to be attached to the saddle.

I couldn't find the thread unfortunately
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

verikauha, thank you so much for the post, it answers my question. I also see that they wore the GERMAN STYLE FRONTAL PLATE on the helmet? and did other countries use them? toot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast