Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

unique luftschutz gladiator helmet

Article about: Here's another unique luftschutz 3-piece gladiator helmet I picked up, this one was never issued a decal on front and has what I am guessing was used by contruction unit, it's a nice size 59

Default unique luftschutz gladiator helmet

Here's another unique luftschutz 3-piece gladiator helmet I picked up, this one was never issued a decal on front and has what I am guessing was used by contruction unit, it's a nice size 59 and is in great condition, what do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unique luftschutz gladiator helmet
    P
    Many

Hello, I would like to see one WW II picture with this helmet...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi, my instincts would say that this has been added post war to bump up the value of a low cost helmet. I may well be completely wrong of course but this happens all the time here in the UK with bottom end British Home Front MKII helmets. A £40 helmet gets a nicely painted "Factory" symbol added to it, a quick scuff or two and hey presto, it's an £85+ sale on fleabay. Leon.

Hi Leon, I didnt pay much for this helmet $100 usd, it's been in the guys collection for over 30yrs and he is selling most of his german stuff, from what I read there's hardly no period photos showing anyone wearing a todt helmet from research I have done but from a few sites they used m34,m42 and LS helmets but like I said I didn't pay much and it's a nice helmet but I will take better pics when it comes in

A Good Value for $100 regardless ... I must agree that these markings/decals are a real minefield, lol...
    We were discussing these Gladiators in a different Thread earlier today - Good Price for sure!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, my instincts would say that this has been added post war to bump up the value of a low cost helmet. I may well be completely wrong of course but this happens all the time here in the UK with bottom end British Home Front MKII helmets. A £40 helmet gets a nicely painted "Factory" symbol added to it, a quick scuff or two and hey presto, it's an £85+ sale on fleabay. Leon.
    I agree post war org todt and maybe even painted for post war use.

Quote by chevyfan2k9 View Post
    Hi Leon, I didnt pay much for this helmet $100 usd, it's been in the guys collection for over 30yrs and he is selling most of his german stuff, from what I read there's hardly no period photos showing anyone wearing a todt helmet from research I have done but from a few sites they used m34,m42 and LS helmets but like I said I didn't pay much and it's a nice helmet but I will take better pics when it comes in
    Well for $100 you did ok as it is worth that every day of the week. Leon.

The markings are later additions, you can see where osmeone has scuffed it up to try and make it look older. Helmet is fine, but I wish sellers wouldn't pimp them up with stupid additions.

From the seller he did say it was used post war, the stencil been there for awhile just by looking at the one pic if the stencil, you notice the hit mark with rust

Helmet is in hand , here's close up of the stencil