Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed

Article about: Hello!!! I thought I would show this helmet, and hopefully get some opinions and thoughts about it. I bought it for \\$75. I thought it was interesting. The story given with it, was that it wa

Default Re: Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed

Dave don't you think that if the helmet was on it's side, the helmet would sit at an angle, so the paint would run also at an angle and not square on so to speak like a ten past two angle ? cheers
    Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual M40 Snow Camo Helmet / Opinions Needed
    P
    Many

?

might have been propped against something but it looks like spraypaint circle, like when you fire it at a wall in a paint shop or garage to test or clear the nozzle,,

or when you used to sign on eh Dave naughty Dave

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Its just hit me what that circle is, when its been on its side somebody has fired an aerosol paint tin at it which has then run,,
    Thanks guys for the opinions. I personally think it is a special Volkssturm symbol, The "Comet" unit. Steve

It does remind me to a écomet" symbol I know from commercial banners on German ships...I will try to find one.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    It does remind me to a écomet" symbol I know from commercial banners on German ships...I will try to find one.
    Hello Stuka f!! Thanks, I was kind of kidding around : ) No need to research. I got the helmet in hand, and Dimas was correct, it was re-painted over a rusty shell. No good. I have returned it and got a refund of my $75 back. I will post another helmet for comments, I found at a yard sale soon.
    Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello Stuka f!! Thanks, I was kind of kidding around : ) No need to research. I got the helmet in hand, and Dimas was correct, it was re-painted over a rusty shell. No good. I have returned it and got a refund of my $75 back. I will post another helmet for comments, I found at a yard sale soon.
    Regards, Steve
    OK , thanks! It is 05.00 o'clock in the morning (2 days later) now;.....I am going to bed in that case! Thanks again!!

Quote by stuka f View Post
    OK , thanks! It is 05.00 o'clock in the morning (2 days later) now;.....I am going to bed in that case! Thanks again!!
    OK, thanks, you can stop working on it now! two days research is enough!! Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2