Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very Late War ND M42

Article about: Hello, i´ve been offered this helmet, seems to me like a very late War produced piece. Its a ckl 64 with the Lotn 5285, the stamp is just very faintly, probably an example of the lesser pro

Default Very Late War ND M42

Hello, i´ve been offered this helmet, seems to me like a very late War produced piece.
    Its a ckl 64 with the Lotn 5285, the stamp is just very faintly, probably an example of the lesser production standarts in the late war period.
    The liner has a weird state, it looks different then most liners i´ve seen so far although it looks original to me, maybe cause its pigskin, and pigskin ages different?
    What do you think, did i miss something? All Opinions would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Adravor

Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Late War ND M42
    P
    Many

Very late war helmets usually have ripples in the skirt, caused by impurities in the metal. That's usually the case, but not always.

My own late war CKL helmet, for comparison's sake, exhibiting the ripples in the skirt, as well as the late war rough green finish.

Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42Very Late War ND M42

Regards, B.B.

The liner or at least the leather is not ok , I even think the liner has been installed later (post war) looking at the rivets.
    I even doubt the exterior paint judging by these photos.

Thank you Schwehrpunkt, i was having doubts, your Opinion confirms them. I´ll pass then!

Looks heavily cleaned to me, on the picture of the CKL stamping you can see the metallic shine and it was probably sanded on the outside, too.
    Luis