Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review

Article about: I have here for your review a very nice M40 Helmet with a Heavily toned Heer decal. The decal appears to be very shiny and gold throughout the whole eagle. It is evenly toned with no sign of

Default Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review

I have here for your review a very nice M40 Helmet with a Heavily toned Heer decal. The decal appears to be very shiny and gold throughout the whole eagle. It is evenly toned with no sign of any silver at all. I bought this helmet off of eBay and it was being sold as a KM helmet. Good thing that I didn't pay KM prices for it!

The woman who sold it to me owns an antique store in Machias NY. She said she bought a couple of boxes sight unseen from an older couple had just cleaned out there fathers attic and basement. She found it at the bottom of one of the boxes and needed it gone because she felt uncomfortable having it in her store. I dont think that it has ever been in a collection before.

The helmet has a very nice around 90% there decal. There is very little wear to the rough textured paint. The near perfect liner and inside brim has traces of black garage overspray. Liner is also named in ink. The chinstrap is complete with a makers mark at the end. It also has a faint dome stamp.

Any opinions, comments or concerns on the helmet would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review   Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review  

Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review   Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A very nice helmet. You did very well. Excellent helmet.

I don't recognize the maker of the chin strap. Obviously 1940 and made in Hamburg. But I can only make out "Ho & ?????" in the name. I'm sure someone else may recognize it.

Do you have a close up of the decal?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here you go. I wish it posted the pics in the order I uploaded them but ohh well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very "Toned" EF Heer M40 for Review  

MAP
    ?

Decal appears to be a Pocher. So a toned Heer to me.

Not too common to see a Pocher on an EF....but others can correct me if I'm wrong.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Decal appears to be a Pocher. So a toned Heer to me.

Not too common to see a Pocher on an EF....but others can correct me if I'm wrong.
    It is a Pocher. With kind of a squished head

MAP
    ?

Quote by IMegaSquirt View Post
    It is a Pocher. With kind of a squished head
    Yes. Not too common but you see this often enough. Just a misprint of the decal.

Again, a great helmet. From Ebay of all places.

Wonderful helmet and a really nice decal, great to see them in this condition.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I don't recognize the maker of the chin strap. Obviously 1940 and made in Hamburg. But I can only make out "Ho & ?????" in the name. I'm sure someone else may recognize it.
    Took some sleuthing but it is 'Sachs & Deisselberg' ( the tip has been cut off and trimmed back, leaving only the 'H' and the bottom of the 'S' )

This one was stamped the other direction ......

Photo from www.german-ww2-helmet.com
    Last edited by Danmark; 05-31-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Sweet!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Took some sleuthing but it is 'Sachs & Deisselberg' ( the tip has been cut off and trimmed back, leaving only the 'H' and the bottom of the 'S' )

This one was stamped the other direction ......

Photo from www.german-ww2-helmet.com
    That makes sense. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out but didn't notice that it was cut.

A keeper for sure. Should stay on your shelf for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast