Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up

Article about: Hello all- been ages since I've been up here, been too busy with work & life. Been collecting still- this helmet was bought from a collector friend a while back- enjoy the pics. It's a n

Default Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up

Hello all- been ages since I've been up here, been too busy with work & life. Been collecting still- this helmet was bought from a collector friend a while back- enjoy the pics.

It's a nice piece, it has a name on the liner.
    It's just not the sort of helmet I collect so I'm not overly attached to it- if anyone is interested I'd be willing to part with it.

The Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) was a branch of the Protective Police (Schutzpolizei-Schupo) that was responsible for monitoring the inland waterways and canals in both Germany and occupied territories.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up   Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up  

Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up   Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up  

Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up   Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) helmet pick-up
    P
    Many

A good lid, but nothing on it suggests water police. The Luftwaffe stamp is interesting, anyone have thoughts on that?

?

Would a Luftpolizei helmet look like that?

M38
    ?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    A good lid, but nothing on it suggests water police. The Luftwaffe stamp is interesting, anyone have thoughts on that?
    I agree. Nice helmet but standard Luftschutz Police.

I think the stamp is for a school, it has an "L" and an "S" in the stamp I believe. Luftwaffe or Luftschutz Schule I think? Not sure why it is in a Police helmet though when it looks like a Luft eagle, but I have seen them in other beaded Luftschutz helmets too.

Cheers,
    Terry

Cheers,
    Terry

?

The helmet color indicates luftschutz. I have not seen one with police decals before.

Hey all- my research pointed me towards Water Police, it's a blue painted helmet, & it's a police decal- this decal looks nothing like my Luft helmet decals.

Just curious as to why you think it's not a water police?
    Anyone have a comparrision photo?

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Luftschutz polizei.

Luftschutz Polizei

There is a lot of collector lore about wasserschutz polizei. I would expect they wore a standard black M34, with or without police decals. The idea of a gold version of the police decal being used by this branch is false, as is I would imagine any other WSP specific helmet regulation / feature. They are such a tiny subunit it makes no sense to me. The only thing I would really take as evidence of a particular police helmet being used by a WSP member would be a unit marking or personal equipment marking done on a small scale.

Hi , well the decals look good to me and so does the blue painted Luftschutz helmet. An odd combination but it all seems original for a Polizei helmet to me. Leon.