Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wermacht helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I have an opportunity to buy this helmet. Is it an original one? How can I check it? Thanks in advance, Eredin

?

Default Wermacht helmet

Hi guys,
    I have an opportunity to buy this helmet. Is it an original one?
    How can I check it?
    Thanks in advance,
    Eredin

Wermacht helmet

Wermacht helmet

Wermacht helmet

Wermacht helmet

Wermacht helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wermacht helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Eredin,

It is an original M40 helmet.

The decal is a toned Heer (army decal) and not a KM. Toning is the result of the lacquer applied to secure the decal, that has then changed the colour of the decal over time.

You can find out more about them on member Schwerpunkt’s website: Kriegsmarine decals – German Helmet Vault

Based on these photos everything else looks OK. Can’t really see the chinstrap though.

How much is being asked? KM helmets often command a higher price which is why the dealer may be trying to sell as a KM.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 08-08-2023 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Typo.

?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the info.
    Is 1 k EUR good price for this kind of stuff?

Quote by Eredin View Post
    Hi Andy,

Thank you for the info.
    Is 1 k EUR good price for this kind of stuff?
    Hi Eredin,

We don’t provide price guides on this website as prices can be quite subjective. Having said that, I would personally not pay that figure for that helmet. I would suggest the best way to get a feel for prices is to have a look at some of the various websites selling German Steel helmets and then compare based on the condition etc. Obviously the better the condition and the more complete the helmet, the higher the value. Decals in good condition also attract higher prices.

While Militaria overall is getting more expensive as time goes by, it’s best to be patient and purchase the best quality items that you can, as these will be easier to move on and command a higher price if the time comes. And don’t be in a rush as there are thousands and thousands of WW2 German helmets still out there for sale.

Andy

Mmm, sure this post said KM - must have been the post below. My apologies for the confusion.

MAP
    ?

While a complete helmet it is a bit salty and would thing the asking price is a bit high.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

First time here a judgement is made about authenticity without manufacturer and full, clear picture of decal...But I am not so experienced as most people here...

The liner pins look loose and the condition of the liner leather itself makes me suspect that it has been replaced/added recently.

?

Hello guys,
    Thank you for your answers, I still learn something new every day.

MAP
    ?

In coming back to this, I think the liner is original to the helmet but only by looking at the split pins could we really form an opinion.

The exterior condition of the pins matches the paint on the helmet and the leather interior is also well worn like the rest of the helmet.

Still, I think the asking price is too high given the condition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast