Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this?!

Article about: Is it real? And if it is real, is it post war painted? If it is the real deal, what should i pay for it?

Default What is this?!

What is this?!What is this?!

Is it real? And if it is real, is it post war painted?

If it is the real deal, what should i pay for it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?!
    P
    Many

Better pics are needed for paint opinions. Looks to be an original M35 shell likely repainted exterior. Are there maker marks, lot#..?? Outlines of painted over decals ?

Can't really see much with these two small pics

Thx for answer!

This is unfortunate the only pictures i have, it is from an auction site and i really want a german helmet! What should i bid on it?

Wait for something better. NH

The liner is an aluminum re-enforced band which is correct (most likely) for an M35 but it is trashed & basically worth almost nothing. It's bent up & missing the chinstrap bales & whatever. The shell I can't say from the pic, if there are "ghost decals" under the paint, it's worth something.

You can PM me & I can give you an estimate if you like based on period paint vs. post war paint. If $$ is a major issue & you can't afford a better one, why not ? David

M38
    ?

It really doesn't look too bad although as stated, the pictures are not very good. At a distance, the paint looks like it could be a legitimate war time repaint. The liner band appears to be stuck in there upside down and is probably all there actually, just needs to be reassembled properly and hopefully has all 3 split rivets. If cheap enough, you could certainly do worse!

Cheers,
    Terry

What do you think is the highest price i should pay?

M38
    ?

For a no decal shell with liner band only, I think around $150 would be the absolute top. That's assuming the paint is original war time application. Less than $150 would be optimal, and you should ask for return privileges. Good luck, and if you get it be sure to post better pictures.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thx for answer! I am gonna look om it in person and maybe i buy it, if i do i will post pictures!

The shell actually seems in good condition. I would prefer to have this than some of the dug relics we see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast