Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this Helmet?

Article about: Hello All, I am trying to find information on this Helmet. There appears to be a VERY light stamp where the maker mark should be, but I can't make it out. Looks to me to be a Police helmet,

?

Default What is this Helmet?

Hello All,

I am trying to find information on this Helmet. There appears to be a VERY light stamp where the maker mark should be, but I can't make it out. Looks to me

to be a Police helmet, But I am not sure if it is even German! What appears to be a repair or weld in the back of the inside is not. Maybe Just a Water Mark?

All comments are welcome and Appreciated.

Thank You All, SAMann

Attachment 1630484 Attachment 1630485

Attachment 1630486 Attachment 1630487

Attachment 1630488

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this Helmet?
    P
    Many

It is a Third Reich period lightweight M34 civic helmet, probably of Austrian manufacture, used by Police and Fire personnel, and other civil agencies. I like the vet art! Probably the names of the guys with whom the vet served. Some condition issues but I think it is a great piece. Jim G.

Interesting helmet and good find with much history. My guess it could have been done at a post war reunion. Just my thought.
    John

I wouldn't immediately assume its a reunion piece. Here's mine and the original photo from his photo album. I have all the rest of the photos from the album as well. All the same, taken in Europe. My guy was 7th US Army. Best ABN

What is this Helmet?
    What is this Helmet?
    What is this Helmet?

MAP
    ?

War time or reunion. All part of the history.

Salty as Jim said, but a great piece. I really enjoy vet art helmets. This is the first M34 I've seen. And the most heavily inscribed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Many Thanks for all the comments, guys. I bought 2 helmets from the guy who brought them back many years ago. I don't really collect headgear so they are the only two helmets in my collection. They came from a random Wanted Ad in the local newspaper when I was starting out. SAMann