Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your Holy Grail of helmets?

Article about: Inspired by the recent thread of the photo with Himmler and Dietrich wearing their parade helmets in the SS helmet section by AZPhil, it begs the question: What is your Holy Grail of Helmets

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    love the winter camo
    Believe it or not, it is my second favorite from that picture collage. Most certainly my number one choice in regards to a Heer helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your Holy Grail of helmets?
    P
    Many

?

M16 or M18 Feldherrnhalle helmet would be nice.

?

Any helmet with connection to the estonian island Ormsö/ Vormsi since there are almost no relics there and that's also my family origin.

Well it's not German!!(as such) I would settle for this copy or the original from the Anglo Saxon burial site a few miles down the road from me at Sutton Hoo in Suffolk England. A pretty smart piece of kit in my eye's. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is your Holy Grail of helmets?  

4md
    ?

DAK for me as well, still looking

Being a Japanese collector myself it would be a Japanese navy helmet with cover. Not the most expensive or rare helmet but gets my blood pumping whenever I find one. Picture from Ken Niewiarowicz site.

A battle of the bulge/winter camo helmet - there was literally my dream one posted on WAF (with 'normandy' camo under the winter) so I'll have to try and find the pics

?

Always interesting to read these sorts of posts. For me I have been fortunate to collect a few Holy Grails on people's lists. For me the current Grail to chase is a double decal M38 Fallschirmjager with Heer decals.
    Last edited by DougB; 04-23-2014 at 04:38 AM.

A real Roman Legionaries Galea

Lightbulb

For me its always be the braat cloned stahlhelm in complete original version.
    Really rare enough finding the shell. Extremely difficult finding it in one original piece since the TNI or the soldier during independence war really like to repaint or relined their helmet. In this past 3 years i only find the clue about less than 15 of these helmets in here and abroad.
    What is your Holy Grail of helmets?What is your Holy Grail of helmets?What is your Holy Grail of helmets?What is your Holy Grail of helmets?
    photos from gahetna.nl

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast