Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who is the best online dealer of German Helmets?

Article about: I am looking to buy a couple of German helmets, but I would like to know what websites you guys would recommend buying from. Obviously some websites are way over priced and others are out of

?

Default Re: Who is the best online dealer of German Helmets?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Paying 300-460$ bucks for a crappy mock German helmet that has nothing to do with real history is a waste of money imo. Besides we are in the original helmets forum so I don't really see why you need to advertise such a business here.

If you double that amount you can buy a nice original German helmet.
    Got to agree with Frank here why waste $400 dollars on what is essentially a modern mock up , if you want a genuine German helmet , keep the 400 , wait a while, save a bit more and buy the genuine article which will have a a resale value that won't leave you out of pocket as will the mock up.

Of course you can hang on to the mock up keep in ten years and then it will proably circulate amongst collectors as a Genuine Hurtgen forest camo , whatever one of those is !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is the best online dealer of German Helmets?
    P
    Many

I would never buy any restored helmet, I am only interested in original helmets.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Got to agree with Frank here why waste $400 dollars on what is essentially a modern mock up , if you want a genuine German helmet , keep the 400 , wait a while, save a bit more and buy the genuine article which will have a a resale value that won't leave you out of pocket as will the mock up.

Of course you can hang on to the mock up keep in ten years and then it will proably circulate amongst collectors as a Genuine Hurtgen forest camo , whatever one of those is !!
    Please don't get me wrong... I don't condone ripping people off or posing fakes as authentic. I take pride knowing that the helmets I do have are authentic, and I would be gutted if I knew someone sold me a fake at the price of an authentic helmet...

I just see the services offered by Jacob C. as a means of getting folks with a smaller budget into the hobby/ a means of giving reenactors helmets they can use an abuse in the field/ a means of bringing lids that were destroyed (for example, painted gloss black by bikers) back to something close to their former glory.

If a customer contacts him and requests a camo pattern similar to something a soldier may have worn in the Hurtgen forest, so be it!

Anyways, I didn't mean to bring things off track or start an argument. Have a nice day everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2