Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why have German helmets not appreciated?

Article about: Guess its the same with daggers,they just have not apperciated much in the last 10 years.A correct SS helmet or dagger is different,but they are few and far between.Hope this trend dosent co

Default Why have German helmets not appreciated?

Guess its the same with daggers,they just have not apperciated much in the last 10 years.A correct SS helmet or dagger is different,but they are few and far between.Hope this trend dosent continue as I have several.Saw a nice luft for 700.00,they were bringing that 20 years ago.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why have German helmets not appreciated?
    P
    Many

Jeeze US$700.00!! back then I could of had a good DD Lufty for AU$400.00 shame I passed!!

I think its rather the Opposite, helmets still rise in price, they definitly dont drop!

Truth is .... there so much of this stuff out there. Helmets ....Daggers ....patches ....badges....etc. There is a ton of it. So many wars. So many countries. That's why you should always buy the best condition items you can obtain in my opinion. If you are looking to sell some day or buying things as an investment. Theres tons of it so rather than get stuck holding the bag w some poor quality item. Get good stuff ...rare items. Just my 2 cents. I think I read an interview w Bill Shea a ways back and he said the trend was defintely on the downward spiral for Daggers and Edged weapons
    Z

MAP
    ?

read my signature line

But in the end, the real value is that I get to enjoy it every day!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    read my signature line

But in the end, the real value is that I get to enjoy it every day!
    Agree 100%, when it comes to collecting hobbies like these the most enjoyment comes from getting the things you're truly interested in and if the value increases or decreases its not the biggest deal. While it ***** if something you bought goes down far in value as long as you got some enjoyment out of it then its not the worst thing ever. On another note while you can "invest" in collectible hobbies it's going to be better to park your money elsewhere (or in several areas) for a return. Tastes and legal situations change with time, and on top of that collectibles (especially this area) aren't that liquid.
    Last edited by Politefaun; 01-05-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Guess its the same with daggers,they just have not apperciated much in the last 10 years.A correct SS helmet or dagger is different,but they are few and far between.Hope this trend dosent continue as I have several.Saw a nice luft for 700.00,they were bringing that 20 years ago.
    They are already damn expensive and people will not justify spending the extra cash. It seems we are in hard times too, so people have other financial priorities.
    I also think that there are less young people interested in this kind of thing - the young folk on this forum are in the minority.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    They are already damn expensive and people will not justify spending the extra cash. It seems we are in hard times too, so people have other financial priorities.
    I also think that there are less young people interested in this kind of thing - the young folk on this forum are in the minority.
    Defintely not cool and trendy .... Another reason I love it But if all the kids get sick of watching the Kardashians on TV and German Steel become all the rage ..... we will be way ahead of the curve gents

I'm honestly glad that this is the case. Rapidly rising prices have the potential to wipe out interest, and they make the hobby in general less accessible. Given there's already a shortage of younger collectors, that can only be a good thing. While stagnant prices are bad for those who collect for investment purposes, it makes things better for those of us who collect for the enjoyment of the objects themselves (which I think makes up the vast majority of people here).

The UK deactivated weapons market is a perfect example of rising prices affecting accessibility. Only a few years ago, most deacts were a third of the price they stand at now. As a result of recent EU legislation, price tags have risen rapidly, and interest in the market has shrunk as a result. Consequently, you see far less deacts at UK militaria fairs than you used to. I pray the same thing never happens to German lids, whatever the cause may be.

B.B.

?

Most young people are not going to spend €1000 for a helmet. When it comes to the job market, the housing market or the financial debts, most millenials pulled the shortest straw. I am a 3rd generation collector in my family. I own the "purchase book" of my dad when you purchased his militaria in the late 80's and early 90's. Makes me sad to read. If I wanted to purchase the indentical stuff, I would need a mortgage worth 2 small-sized houses.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast