Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter Camouflage M42

Article about: This example recently came up for sale at \\$1,200 which seems like a absolutely amazing price for one of these but I personally am not a huge fan of this example. I’d like to hear everyone

Default Winter Camouflage M42

This example recently came up for sale at $1,200 which seems like a brilliant price for one of these but I personally am not a huge fan of this example. I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions on this helmet as I’m trying to learn as much as I can about these winter camo helmets (and really anything winter camouflage). Although I couldn’t buy this helmet even if it is original I’d still like learn from it.

Personally I don’t like the wear, it seems very artificial or maybe it has been “scrubbed” as in these pictures it seems like the outer shell has no texture at all.

Thank you,
    Bodhi

Winter Camouflage M42Winter Camouflage M42Winter Camouflage M42Winter Camouflage M42Winter Camouflage M42Winter Camouflage M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter Camouflage M42
    P
    Many

It could very well be scrubbed .... but genuinely done at the start of Spring to remove a more heavier whitewash?

But these are also fakers delights so who knows ....when it doubles the price of a normal ND it is worth the effort to deceive.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Liner to me looks like it could have been a bit artificially aged as well. Also there is a puffiness to it. I think there have been similar “aged” liners like this out of Latvia I have seen.

Sorry Latvia . I know you get a bad rap around here

Z

They forgot to put the decal under the paint.

I really hope this winter camo is the real deal as i nearly sold a kidney to buy it,but obviously wouldn't without you guys giving it the once over.!!!I think it looks amazing and the seller has such a high reputation that is not to say that one bad egg can get through.

Have you already handed over the money? If so it would be interesting to see pictures of it when you have it in hand. If you haven’t then I’d wait for more to be said here.

No I decided not to in the end but the price seemed too low usually these fetch double that.!!!

Good to hear, the seller is reputable but they’ve had some bad pieces before. And the price was definitely the first red flag.

Fair point glad you know who the seller is i've viewed many times and always found everything looking above board.

Such Winter camos can be almost riskless and very easily faked. Its very easy to take a ND M42, put some chalk mix on and sell it as a Winter camo. If any winter camo, i would recommend one in which actual paint was used, thats more easy to judge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast