Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.

Article about: I found this ww2 reissued m16 Stahlhelm, the seller said that de helmet itself is original, but the decals and the rest isn’t, do you guys thinks this is true, or is everything authentic?

Default Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.

I found this ww2 reissued m16 Stahlhelm, the seller said that the helmet itself is original, but the decals and the rest isn’t, do you guys thinks this is true, or is everything authentic? It goes for 225 euro’s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.   Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.  

Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.   Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.  

Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.   Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 m16 ww2 reissued German helmet.
    P
    Many

The seller is correct in his statement.

MAP
    ?

I think we just saw this helmet a little while ago. I know I've seen it somewhere
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Snipermaxim1900 View Post
    I found this ww2 reissued m16 Stahlhelm, the seller said that the helmet itself is original, but the decals and the rest isn’t, do you guys thinks this is true, or is everything authentic? It goes for 225 euro’s.
    The seller says nothing is authentic and you come to ask if the seller is wrong ? I don't get it. Can you explain your reasoning ?

Probably time to pick up some books and do some research instead of continually throwing helmets up to be vetted!

I’m not sure for how long you’ve been collecting, but sometimes it’s a gamble to purchase stuff online, i once had an person saying an German helmet was a complete replica, with fake decals, it looked oddly original, so I did an gamble and I purchased it for 100 euro’s, next thing I know it’s a 600 euro helmet. So that’s why.

You should consider doing more research on your own as suggested. With just a bit of work, you should be able to establish that this is an original shell that has been repainted. Note the slightly bent original chin strap hardware was left on the lugs and painted as well - a bit sloppy but I guess expedient. The updated M31 liner incorporated the chin strap into the liner itself. These facts are easily determined through some research. So, you have an original WW1 era shell with new paint, new decals and new liner. You can determine the size and manufacturer info by looking at the left side skirt. It might be something like ET64. Again, this is another detail you can determine via your own research. The work is a bit sloppy on this refurbished example and one might expect a different shade of paint for a double decal re-issue. Generally, refurbished examples sell for $200 to $250. This one has issues and I would look elsewhere. Neil

I’m not sure for how long you’ve been collecting, but sometimes it’s a gamble to purchase stuff online, i once had an person saying an German helmet was a complete replica, with fake decals, it looked oddly original, so I did an gamble and I purchased it for 100 euro’s, next thing I know it’s a 600 euro helmet. So that’s why.
    Yeah well if you are just here to make money from our knowledge ... it is not why I help collectors. We are here to help collectors not lose money.

I live Australia and every helmet I’ve purchased has been online and I’ve been lucky to not pickup any fakes but I’ve also had to spend a lot time reading posts and researching. I’ve been collecting since 2016 and started off by reading every single post on German WW1 and 2 helmets to start to acquaint myself with what original helmets look like and what some of the issues are with some of the fakes. This is a good way to start off. Then when you do post you can ask some questions and in doing so test your knowledge against the replies. The forum should be a discussion, not an “Is this fake and how much is it worth Q&A”. As I said, read books, look at websites. All of the resources to start off collecting helmets is right here on this website. And if you keep jumping from helmet to helmet you’ll need even more knowledge, so perhaps stick to one particular type like an M42 and study those before trying to purchase one. And it’s always nice to say please and thank you when asking for and receiving help.

What I have seen in Ebay item sell descriptions, they have have lots of shady way to tell things, that seller is 100% right, so no return policy apply.

Like Zeltbahnen made camoflage hats, "100% Original material, made 'after' 1945"
    Or original helmet but camoulfage is painted 'afterwards'

It requires reading comprehension.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast