Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone! I bought a firefighter helmet on a Swedish auctionsite about 8years ago. I never really thought much about it, I use it as a mopedhelmet to go with my veteran bike. The helme

0lle
    ?

Default WW2 German Feuerwehr Helmet

Hello everyone!
    I bought a firefighter helmet on a Swedish auctionsite about 8years ago. I never really thought much about it, I use it as a mopedhelmet to go with my veteran bike.

The helmet is very unconfortable and i was thinking about buying a liner and chinstrap rebuild kit. The value in these helmets is all about originality for what i understand. Maybe someone here could confirm its a low value piece?

Also would be great to know if it has been repainted (silver outside/black inside) and the origin of the logo at the front. Tried google but I could not find a similar helmet with this paint or the type of logo.

2. # ADS

You can see the black inside - this is what it once was outside.
    Maybe post war the Scadinavians used these for their firemen and painted it silver and added a badge? (At least its a fireman badge)
    Regards Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm afraid this helmet has been played around with to much to hold any real value to a collector, that said, these are not high value helmets in un-touched condition anyway so I would just carry on riding around on your moped with it. Leon.