Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet

Article about: Seller's description - SELLER IS BASED IN LATVIA: "WW2 GERMAN M42 COMBAT MEDICS HELMET GROUPING. HELMET IS WHITE CAMO WITH RED CROSSES OVER THE FIELDGRAU PAINT. HELMET IS COMLETE WITH L

Default WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet

WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet

Seller's description - SELLER IS BASED IN LATVIA:

"WW2 GERMAN M42 COMBAT MEDICS HELMET GROUPING. HELMET IS WHITE CAMO WITH RED CROSSES OVER THE FIELDGRAU PAINT. HELMET IS COMLETE WITH LINER AND CHISTRAP, THEREFORE IT IS FULLY COMPLETE. THERE IS BATCH NUMBER “169*” AND MAKERS/SIZE MARK “NS62” ON THE BACK OF THE RIM. ALSO THERE ARE SOLDIERS INITIALS WRITTEN ON THE LINER “FRITZ MEHLER”. HELMET COMES WITH ORIGINAL OWNER PHOTO (GUY ON THE RIGHT) AND ARMBAND. RARE HARD TO FIND GROUPING COMES FROM A PRIVATE MUSEUM. THE LOOK OF THE GROUPING SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, PLEASE CHECK ALL THE PHOTOS. SIZE OF THE HELMET IS 62/54. SIZE OF THE PHOTO IS 9,5 X 7 cm. ALL ITEMS SHOWS AGE. HELMET HAS APPROX 85% OF ORIGINAL CAMO PAINT. IT COULD BE A REALLY GREAT ADDITION TO ANY WORLD WAR2 COLLECTION.
    PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED MORE PICTURES."

Hello guys. I have been watching this helmet for a while now. To be honest, I am quite surprised it has reached over $800 as it is obviously not original. With 4 hours remaining, it will most likely reach even higher. I think the reason it is fooling so many bidders is because they are distracted by the story. The seller claims this piece came out of a private museum, and it belonged to a medic named Fritz Mehler. He even has a picture of "Fritz" to prove it. The problem is that the helmet has a size 54 liner, and the man in the picture has a size 56+ head. This small detail is evidence that the helmet did not belong to the man pictured. Not to mention that the paint is completely fake and the wear/scuffs is artificial. I know we have all heard this a million times, but it needs to be repeated. DON'T BUY THE STORY

Here is the link for your dismay: WW2 GERMAN M42 NAMED COMBAT MEDIC HELMET + SANITAR`S ARMBAND + PHOTO GROUPING | eBay

Regards,
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet   WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet  

WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet   WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German M42 Named Combat Medic Helmet

Quote by cgp1066 View Post

The problem is that the helmet has a size 54 liner, and the man in the picture has a size 56+ head. T
    I agree wholeheartedly that the item (even for a helmet ignoramus like me) and the story is a crock of shite.

However, just for curiosity's sake; How is one able to tell from a photo the size of a man's head in relation to the item in question?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Latvia? Really? I see tool marks galore, and many round circles where people have been poking it with that proverbial "ten foot pole." I wouldn't consider this one on a bet.

Without the photo and the story the helmet is a very very clear fake. Certainly not made by someone with skill, more just someone that know the power of selling in a bundle and how it can help the less knowledgeable gloss over some of the red flags.

I would also like to know how you tell a persons head size from a picture

Jason

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly that the item (even a helmet ignoramus like me) and the story is a crock of shite.

However, just for curiosity's sake; How is one able to tell from a photo the size of a man's head in relation to the item in question?
    I agree its an absolute crock but also baffled re the size from a photo??????

Is it not obvious the guy's head is bigger then a size 54?

Looks like the LATVIANS have perfected the "TOFFEE HAMMER" ageing process now. A very nice even pattern of wear(too even!!) Of course it could have been a passing woodpecker that was fooled by this cunning tale.

Im sure the "Tool marks" are from chickens pecking at the helmet after it was smeared with pellets ground into a paste and applied ..... well, it could have happened that way!!!!

( nah, just kidding )

I wouldn't even click the link in the ebay results. Terrible.

These buyers deserve what they get. I used to feel sorry for them but it's hard to anymore.