Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

Article about: Greetings first posting to this site. I was wondering if anyone would know what the price is if it was out on the market for sale. He fought with the 263rd INf. And the decal it looks like a

Default Re: WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

Well, I have to chip in on this one, as I have owned, yes owned 4 original sawdust "camo" helmets.

The one in question here exhibits the same sort of characteristics as those ones.

now it was not unusual for a high ranking officer to have more than one helmet, there are lots of reasons why it can be considered mint.

I firmly believe, as I stated in my first post that it's a good one, however the name without proof, means nothing.

True, anyone can write a name into a helmet, but after 65 odd years It won't come off, it bakes into the metal. something written 20 years ago, would scratch off

Just my tuppence worth.

The helmet I like, the name? well you'll have to prove it to be believable, sorry

Price without the name would be in the high 600's (UK£)

with the name, and proof.......................priceless!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?
    P
    Many

Yeah I agree with you. Thinking about what you just said makes a valid point. I dont know about ethics in the military. Never was in. My knee kept me out. Im sure with german officers, granted being out in the field and everything, I just dont think they would be in the trenches with the enlisted privates. Thats why you have line officers whatever you call them. Being a colonal I dont think your going to go to a "officers" meeting all dirty and crap from being in the field. It's just like having a job, being a ceo or in managment. your not going to go to a meeting all nasty, I hope im ex-plaing my self ok, im sure you know what I mean. Thats why I agree with you. High ranking officers would have replactments, im sure even with uniforms.

and also, with the name, I scratched the crap out of it and it didnt even make a scratch in the paint. I would have to take steel wool to it.

?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you. Thinking about what you just said makes a valid point. I dont know about ethics in the military. Never was in. My knee kept me out. Im sure with german officers, granted being out in the field and everything, I just dont think they would be in the trenches with the enlisted privates. Thats why you have line officers whatever you call them. Being a colonal I dont think your going to go to a "officers" meeting all dirty and crap from being in the field. It's just like having a job, being a ceo or in managment. your not going to go to a meeting all nasty, I hope im ex-plaing my self ok, im sure you know what I mean. Thats why I agree with you. High ranking officers would have replactments, im sure even with uniforms.
    Depends what sort of Officer you are talking about , many Regimental Commanders in some of the heaviest fighting had no choice but to get down and dirty with their Landsers , many period photos exist show officers of high rank who have been in very heavy combat in the worst of weather conditions and don't look their parade best !!

That aside the problem you have is proving that the Helmet was in fact that of the said Oberst , unfortuantely having a name in a helmet doesn't prove anything at all , better provenance is needed , if you have it and the helmet can be proved to a particular officer then it's a very rare beast indeed.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Iv bin talking to other people and I do have pictures of him and other stuff. I have someone looking for them ill have to post them whenever I get them. No I can undertsand a name is a name but I got all the info and proof.. Ill post it when I get it. I just know the poor bastard fought in the eastern front. Ill post hwne I get it.

?

Hi, them new pics are much clearer and show wear i would say £1000+ rgds Dave

Hi Odessa, i just got back on and seen your new pics , i must say i like what i see , and buy what your are saying about proveing the helmets owner , if this is so you have a very nice sort after piece of history , value , i think if you put this helmet up for auction with proven owners history i think it would go well over $3000, one more thing dont do anymore scratching or do anything at all to it,cheers Raymond

Well thanks ironcross for your several posts on this subject. I guess I wont sell it for 200 bucks. No I have it wrapped up back into the backpack it came in with the gas mask. Thanks again

I must admit, with the first pictures not clear enough i would have said it to be a fake. The 2nd set of pictures clearly show honest wear with true age IMO. It does not matter if you collect Roman artifacts to the present natural wear can not be duplicated correctly.

John, i believe you are correct You often doubt yourself too much.

rgds, Ty

jh92
    ?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Iv bin talking to other people and I do have pictures of him and other stuff. I have someone looking for them ill have to post them whenever I get them. No I can undertsand a name is a name but I got all the info and proof.. Ill post it when I get it. I just know the poor bastard fought in the eastern front. Ill post hwne I get it.
    Good luck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast